• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns MCX Rattler 300 BLK

MCSO1357

Teaching the rookies to walk down the mountain
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 9, 2008
    Iowa
    Want to build SBR on my existing MCX lower in 300 BLK and this seems like a fun little project. I can't find just the short barrel to replace existing 5.56 barrel or I'd just do that, fucking SIG and their lack of support for rifle platforms is well documented and frustrating as fuck. Looking for just the complete Rattler upper, anybody know where I can source one? Google results show out of stock everywhere, nothing on Gunbroker that I could find either. LGS has a complete pistol for $2K, don't really want to go that route as I could get Honey Badger/Noveske for that money. Since it's the Hide, feel free to chime in with opinions, memes and general fuckery....I'm bored at work anyway..

My guess is contract fulfillment is hurting MCX consumer availability all-around. There was another thread like this a week or so ago about the MCX virtus in general.

I have no experience outside the MCX line (Legacy to Rattler), which is well supported, but has a frustrating amount of not backwards-compatible revisions and non-compatible lines. Sig could have published some kind of master flow chart that explains it, but they haven't, and a lot of people end up buying pieces and parts that don't work with their model.

Best bet I think with the Rattler conversion kits is to subscribe to restocking notifications at the cheapest places you can find. I ended up with the "convert your existing M4 to a rattler" kit for ~$1250 from Osage County Guns doing that. It came in stock and went on sale at the same time.

Good luck, I do think it is worth the trouble. There is nothing else that quite does what it does.

How do you like the "M4 to Rattler" setup? Main draw to Rattler for me is the folding stock (when SBR'd) that makes it a very small package to carry around. My existing setup is Legacy MCX 5.56 w/11" barrel, fits nicely in Eberlestock Cherry Bomb pack with side folding brace folded up.

Love it. Runs well suppressed and unsupressed, and is small. Supers in .300 are loud, but no where near a 5.56 SBR.

This is the kit I am referencing. It includes the parts you need to convert your existing lower into a folder, as well as the trigger you'll need to make it work. I did not find normal AR15 Geissele or other aftermarket triggers to work with it. The down side is that you can't go back and forth between the rattler upper and an AR upper easily.

Love it. Runs well suppressed and unsupressed, and is small. Supers in .300 are loud, but no where near a 5.56 SBR.

This is the kit I am referencing. It includes the parts you need to convert your existing lower into a folder, as well as the trigger you'll need to make it work. I did not find normal AR15 Geissele or other aftermarket triggers to work with it. The down side is that you can't go back and forth between the rattler upper and an AR upper easily.
    Looks nice, thx.