• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MD State Police officer is a clown

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
Just saw this on Fox News...
1. What the hell was the point of the UC officer drawing his weapon?
-He should've cited the guy, arrested the guy, had his bike impounded or any/all combination of...but drawing his gun on the guy
shocked.gif

2. This particular case deals with Maryland's wire tap law (felony), however what expectation of privacy do these clowns think they have when they are in public.
3. All being videotaped does, is keep folks honest (for the most part).

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK3u-C__4T8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK3u-C__4T8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: MD State Police officer is a clown

128 on a public highway? No sympathy here; sounds as if his mommy is taking care of that.

The motorcyclist is a jackass for sure, but 2 elements bug me here:

1. The entire wire-tap law that deems video-taping police to be a felony.

2. Drawing his weapon...I think that was a bit aggressive since he was on a motorcycle and his hands were clearly visible...if he had been in a car where his hands weren't visible...ABSOLUTELY GUNS UP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. The entire wire-tap law that deems video-taping police to be a felony.</div></div>

Don't know anything about the law regarding taping, so no comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2. Drawing his weapon...I think that was a bit aggressive since he was on a motorcycle and his hands were clearly visible...if he had been in a car where his hands weren't visible...ABSOLUTELY GUNS UP.</div></div>

Why the speed? Running from a crime scene? Escaped convict?

Wow, two ways to get killed, 128 on the back tire through traffic, and pulling a gun on someone without them knowing your a cop, stuped move on both envolved

First the speed MD is famous for out of control bike riders.Its not uncommon to go down rt 4 and have 20 of them blow by you at 100 plus.

Next this whole felony for both parties not knowing they are being taped should scare the shit out of everyone.I think that guy is facing several years in prison for this.Its ok for them to use in car cameras and traffic cams but when its not in their favor its a felony.

Before anyone gets butt hurt this is not an LE slam they just follow the rules given them.

I'm not a cop nor do I play one one T.V. but shouldn't the first thing an undercover cop in an unmarked car do is show some I.D. flash a badge or something? How does the jackass on the bike know this isn't another jackass with a gun?

DK, found a T-Shirt for you...
wink.gif

nqd9g7.jpg

FTMF'r, I would have slowed to let him get in front of me then go around his ass and let him see nothing but tail. No badge, no obvious car, screw them. Too many criminals play that shit with their 'plain clothes' copy cars. I don't see lights and a badge I don't and won't stop for jack or shit.
That kid should have just hauled ass. A gun and 'I'm whatever' no badge, screw him!
Yup, after watching it again, that dude would have seen nothing but tail, and probably an extended bird as well
grin.gif

If some dork pulled in front of me in an unmarked car i would be backing up also not seeing a uniformed officer step out, And that guy reaching behind his back me and my 750= pound hog would leave tire tracks all over his body. I lived in MD for a while and there are no state police in that state They for the most part a bunch of a-- ho--s with the a Gestapo mentality, That,s why i moved back to VA 3 months later. I witnessed more illegal harassment and arrests in that state then anywhere i have ever lived. They are just like NJ cops but in a different uniform. I hope with all my heart that young man sues the sh-- out of them and wins. That is one of a number of states that needs to be swept clean from the top cop down and new blood put in place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kz45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> stuped move on both envolved </div></div>

This post is better than the video!

The kid's a dumbass for not just taking off. The cop is lucky that biker was dumb kid and not somebody packing thinking that he was about to get bike-jacked. Really thought the kid is a fag, "I don't wanna go to jail." Stand up for yourself gezzz...

Yes, the LE should have shown a badge, not a gun - unless he was presuming that the biker was running from a crime scene, stole the bike, etc. (which would explain the speed but not the wheeley). Yes, the officer should be reprimanded; he was pissed and over-reacted, but still his actions didn't put anyone's life in danger. The biker did.
Maybe we don't know the whole story. Maybe when the officer ran his license this guy had a history we don't know about.
I've seen crotch-rocket jockeys do this exact reckless riding on the Tollway and jeopardize the health of a lot of people and I have zero sympathy. The guy pulled over, so obviously the LE had lights. And the officer merely brandished a gun, didn't point it at him, so its not like the bikers life was threatened, yet he overtly threatened other peoples lives and then goes crying to mommy because he saw a gun? What was he expecting, milk and cookies for his behavior?
IMHO he was in essence baiting cops with his behavior in addition to reckless driving - so he deserves whatever was brought on him. I'd be glad to hear this guy is going to be in prison for a couple years - maybe he'll grow up in that time. And obviously he blew the cops undercover status with a you-tube post.

About 2 years ago in Phoenix when I was about to get off shift at around midnight, a biker took off from a marked unit that tried to do a traffic stop on him. He got about 2-3 lights before he was nailed at an intersection going through a red light. The cop he ran from was an old salty dog that had his 25 and then had gone into the reserves and been there for a long time. He rolls up to the scene as other officers and fire are working on the guy who is REALLY F'ed up (and later died of injuries at the hospital). Salty walks up to the guy who is all jacked up and still conscious, looks at him, and says "Thats what you get for running asshole."

Now some will think this old guy was a dick. Me, I think it's pretty friggin' funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Why the speed? Running from a crime scene? Escaped convict? </div></div>

Generally speaking, those fleeing the law tend to not pop wheelies at 128. It kind of gets their attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kz45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> stuped move on both envolved </div></div>

OK. So what's your first language?

It may be the MD law, but there's no way it can stand up higher level appeals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, the LE should have shown a badge, not a gun - but still his actions didn't put anyone's life in danger. The biker did.
</div></div>
The officer endangered people as well.

Unidentified dipshit gets out of car waving a gun, kid on bike fears for his life and tries to get away from said crazy asshole with gun, causes a wreck....any guesses on who's responsible????

Hint..it's not the kid...

UKD Ive had the utmost respect for your opinions and posts in the past but...multi year prison for a wheelie and excessive speed? The issue is not getting caught. We all except that possibility when we let the ponies run but I would say there is an issue at hand. There was no escalation of force to warrent the draw from what I see... I also find any law that holds you as a criminal for recording your own pulic interaction, draconian. If said officer never drew, Id bet there would be no story here.... the state would not have cared a bit. If he had lights, you would likely see them in the vid, I think they just hit traffic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UKD Ive had the utmost respect for your opinions and posts in the past but...multi year prison for a wheelie and excessive speed? The issue is not getting caught. We all except that possibility when we let the ponies run but I would say there is an issue at hand. There was no escalation of force to warrent the draw from what I see... I also find any law that holds you as a criminal for recording your own pulic interaction, draconian. If said officer never drew, Id bet there would be no story here.... the state would not have cared a bit. If he had lights, you would likely see them in the vid, I think they just hit traffic.</div></div>

You are correct....watch the actual footage and not the news story. Kid exits the freeway and gets caught up in traffic, that's when the off duty douche(I'll explain my choice of words in a minute) pulls in front of him.

My problem with all of this is the fact a plain clothes, off duty officer in his personal car decides he's going to make a traffic stop......Had the driver of the bike been someone who owned a pair, this would have ended very differently. Either the kid would have been shot up and his family suing the state and winning or the cop being killed when he got run over and his family suing and winning or the cop deciding to take a few pop shots at the kid driving off and hitting an innocent bystander AND their family suing and winning. Whichever way it ends, it ends bad....

As for the MD recording law.....they can shove that up their ass. I find it offensive I've bled for this country to be free, and stupid shit like this can still happen. Utterly disgusting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw this on Fox News...
-He should've cited the guy, arrested the guy, had his bike impounded or any/all combination of...but drawing his gun on the guy
shocked.gif

2. This particular case deals with Maryland's wire tap law (felony), however what expectation of privacy do these clowns think they have when they are in public.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK3u-C__4T8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK3u-C__4T8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
</div></div>

Here we go, more Monday morning quarterbacking from people who know little of what they speak of.

How about the douchebag going 120 down the highway popping wheelies is the clown?

I think you're a clown for posting this bullshit.

That being said, the trooper could have used more common sense. He could have radioed for a marked unit to make the stop and SHOULD have had some form of ID, preferably a shield/badge on display. I wonder if he was even "on duty" at the time of the incident.

dmg 308 wrote,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slap we get it your a cop <span style="font-weight: bold">and no cop ever does wrong.Though your laundry list of things he should have done in your second post well....</span>

Everyone of these posts condemed the jackass on the bike. Thats not what the story was about.Its about a F'd up law that says you cannot video someone with out their knowledge having felony reprocussions.I mean they raided the guys house for posting a video on you tube of the incident if that doesn't make you say wtf what will?

As far as DK being a clown for simply making a post in a forum well I guess all topics should go through you for approval first.</div></div>

So in one sentence you imply that I think no cop can ever do wrong yet in your next breath you acknowledge my 2nd post where I clearly state that the trooper could have used more common sense. So which is it dude?

Not EVERY post condemned the biker but MOST of the posts condemned the cop, as has been the norm around here lately. My point was, had this asshole not been doing mach 2 down the highway, endangering his life and that of everyone else's this would have NEVER happened. So lets place the blame where it truly lies and that is with the douchebag biker.

As far as that "wire tap" law, I don't know anything about it so I can't really comment on it either way.

And maybe DK isn't really a clown and I apologize for posting that but neither is the MD trooper who got a lunatic off the road.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kz45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> stuped move on both envolved </div></div>

OK. So what's your first language? </div></div>

Huuct on Fonix Wurkt 4 Me !!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw this on Fox News...
shocked.gif

</div></div>

Here we go, more Monday morning quarterbacking from people who know little of what they speak of.

How about the douchebag going 120 down the highway popping wheelies is the clown?

I think you're a clown for posting this bullshit.</div></div>

I had to police myself on this one, he's not worth getting a time out over.

First things first... the Officer could have done things better. Way better. Ideally waiting for a marked unit. If for some reason he feels he needs to make the stop, he best be displaying some ID / badge. While <span style="font-weight: bold">I</span> didn't see anything that necessitated the drawing of his weapon, I wasn't there. Video from one vantage point without knowing exactly what happened up to that point... eh, I'll reserve final judgment on that one.

Don't know how MD works, but 128 MPH here is automatic reckless driving. Congrats, you've just graduated from the world of violations and are now committing a crime. So, officer is attempting to stop a crime in progress where others are being endangered. Crotch rockets fleeing when they're lit up isn't exactly rare. He'd already demonstrated his will to drive recklessly up to 128. Blah blah blah... maybe the officer felt given the circumstances that drawing his weapon was prudent to stop the crime (get the guy off the road). Again, I don't necessarily agree with it from what little I saw, but the argument is there. Even if he felt the need was there, he needs to be producing ID and announcing who he is WAY quicker. For his own safety if nothing else.

RE the "wiretap" thing... someone made the point (whined) of cops being able to dashcam, but that not being a two way street. Difference is, officers have to inform suspects that they are being recorded as soon as reasonably possible (here anyway). At 1:05 the guy in the suit says the Trooper asked the suspect if he was recording and he answered no. Well, wrong answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dumbass Motorcyclist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">"I don't want to go to jail. <span style="font-size: 14pt">I haven't really done anything wrong.</span> It wasn't a violent crime. It wasn't, no one was injured, no one was hurt. </span>
</div></div>

I'm glad that most people on here aren't defending this genius. "I haven't really done anything wrong." Wow. After the whole ordeal he still doesn't get it. How's about some personal responsibility for initiating the whole mess? Nah, that would be too easy. And I reckon if he had that sort of sense, none of it would have happened in the first place.

ok so I have rode wheelies threw traffic at over 100mph and proberly would not stop
for that dumb ass
but if you pull in front of me get out in that manner with no id in an unmarked car
i will be popping the clutch and leaving tyre marks on your face..... that cops a dick

128mph who cares as for that being auto reckless driving good for you........ more reason not to stop........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok so I have rode wheelies threw traffic at over 100mph and proberly would not stop
for that dumb ass
but if you pull in front of me get out in that manner with no id in an unmarked car
i will be popping the clutch and leaving tyre marks on your face..... that cops a dick

128mph who cares as for that being auto reckless driving good for you........ more reason not to stop........ </div></div>

So for anyone still wondering why the Trooper might have handled it the way he did, this mentality right here could be a pretty big contributor.

dbateman - No point in getting into an internet pissing match with you. It's pretty clear we have vastly different views on how to conduct ourselves. Good evening to ya.
wink.gif

Now that I have taken a longer look at the way the civilian stepped out of the car after cutting off the bike in traffic, that would have been an ass whoopin on some douchebag in a prep sweater. WTF you doing asshole..GUN! beat down from there.
That guy had no business doing what he did, and neither did the cop.
He should have waited for a marked car, and someone actually carrying a badge, gun AND cuffs as all you LEO's know should be done

AJBello, I dont think deadly force is an acceptable legal escalation of force for a traffic violation. Drawing his weapon implies he can shoot if the guy on the bike tries to flee, which I dont think he can.

Slapchop, why isnt everyone here decrying the actions of the rider? Because to most of us its clearly wrong without question. Even us two wheeled speed freaks KNOW its wrong. SO theres nothing to argue or contest.

One more adder of info. For those that think 128 is fast well... its not. Is it really bad in the eyes of the law, yes. Does it sound fast, yes but to tell the truth 128 on a bike like that is about the equivilant of 75 in your car. Dont misconstrued me as condoning, Im not. Im simply pointing out that it SOUNDS much worse than it is. BTW I'd love to know where they get 128 from. At the time he stood it up, he was barely going faster than the truck next to him.

I agree witht hose that have issue with:
Actions of the off duty including an apparently unwarented escalation of force.

JBT/missuse of power actions of raiding a home for getting caught with your pants down!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...multi year prison for a wheelie and excessive speed? The issue is not getting caught. We all except that possibility when we let the ponies run but I would say there is an issue at hand. There was no escalation of force to warrent the draw from what I see... If said officer never drew, Id bet there would be no story here.... the state would not have cared a bit. If he had lights, you would likely see them in the vid, I think they just hit traffic.</div></div>

You are correct....watch the actual footage and not the news story. Kid exits the freeway and gets caught up in traffic, that's when the off duty douche(I'll explain my choice of words in a minute) pulls in front of him.

My problem with all of this is the fact a plain clothes, off duty officer in his personal car decides he's going to make a traffic stop......Had the driver of the bike been someone who owned a pair, this would have ended very differently. Either the kid would have been shot up ... </div></div>

To me, it appears more likely that he was in fact pulled over - the lane next to him (on the right) was empty; but I will give that its not 100% clear in the video. If you look very early on while he was riding through traffic, you see the cop's unmarked silver car in front of him. Also, from the very point of the officer being out of his car, look closely: <span style="font-weight: bold">the biker is initially in reverse</span>, which would have appeared to the officer like he (the biker) is trying to escape. Maybe the officer felt a badge alone wasn't going to keep the biker from reversing and taking off and greater "potential threat of force" was necessary to keep him put. Its likely not the first time he drove like that, and wouldn't have been the last without learning a good hard lesson. I can't believe how many people here condone this behavior. Go to a track to open up, not the main north-south Eastern US corridor. I'm going to say as a preface I do absolutely do believe some people here had their accidents as a result of the faulty driving of others, as there have been a few bike threads here about "defensive driving" and accidents/near-accidents on bikes and the bikers here "swear" they obey traffic laws and its the "blind" guy/woman in the car/truck that disobey the traffic laws - but out of curiosity are they the same laws this guy obeys when he says he "didn't do anything wrong"? Is there a second set of traffic laws for those bikers that "can speed over 100 mph safely"? I wonder, from those of you in the insurance business like CKA - what proportion of bike accidents have the biker at fault versus what percent are reckless automobile & truck drivers at fault (again, I am not making personal reference to any individual here, and its not intended to be construed as such). What percent of motorcycle drivers honestly feel popping wheelies at 128 mph on I95 is OK?

"The issue is not getting caught" - 128 mph - really??? There's 1.
"If said officer never drew, I'd bet there would be no story here"... if said idiot didn't pop wheelies at 128 mph I would bet there would be no story here either.

Also, around 1:16 (you-tube time, not actual elapsed time) you see the marked back-up arriving. The plain-clothes officer wanted to make sure the guy didn't take off until the marked officer arrived. If he was just "stuck in traffic" it would be unlikely to have a marked police car immediately behind him. Again, I still think the officer should have flashed a badge; but maybe he felt a badge alone wouldn't have kept the guy from leaving and continuing his behavior. We are not getting the officer's perspective on this.

On the issue of wire-tapping, it has to do with the audio portion, not the video portion. But if you intend to break the law is kind of stupid to videotape yourself doing it. Again, I think he was baiting the officer.

It's a shame the kid didn't post the entire video from when he passed teh bus then went to the exit ramp's left lane.
If a car cuts me like that in normal traffic, I roll back too so the asshole can have his space and leave me alone, of course after a bird and a few choice words.

OT:
Worst part of riding Doc is so many people in SUV's with cell phones or little chika's texting don't even look at intersections or when they merge. I would be very rich if I had a 10 spot for each wench that cut me off merging or ran a green yield left turn in front of me. I am glad I spent money of good brakes that stop stupid fast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AJBello, I dont think deadly force is an acceptable legal escalation of force for a traffic violation. Drawing his weapon implies he can shoot if the guy on the bike tries to flee, which I dont think he can.

</div></div>

You're not going to find me outright defending the Trooper's actions. It <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">appears</span></span> to be some poor judgement... poor tactics at the least. Not the way I would have handled it, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">from what i saw</span></span>.

Nonetheless, it's not a violation, it's a crime (again, that's here, I don't know MD's laws in and out, but I think that's pretty standard for most places now). I absolutely agree that if he tries to flee Trooper can't engage him. But... how about if he tries to pop that clutch and put those "tire tracks on his face" that everyone keeps talking about. ?? I dunno. Trooper shouldn't have put himself in that spot, but he may have thought that physically blocking him was the only way to stop the crime. In any case without IDing himself immediately he's on skinny legal ground if that did happen. ... Trooper never drew down on him (that I saw). He drew his weapon and had it more or less at low ready. If he jumped out leveling his weapon at dude's head, well that would be a little different in my mind.

The Trooper may need a refresher in simply being a good witness off duty if possible. No sense in playing hero without all of your tools and resources, but in rare instances you just have to. This probably wouldn't have been one of those times for me, but again, I wasn't there. Hard to pass any final judgement from a snippit of video.

And... I don't care what kind of bike it is. 128 is jackass fuckery on a public highway with traffic. No excuse, none, never. If riders care to go that fast, go to a track... hell, even a rural highway with no traffic would be far better than what this was.

Short version:

There are sport bike riders, and then there are cruisers. (I'm leaving scooters out of this)

Sport bike riders have, and need, to prove to themselves and others, their ability do do stunts and go fast. In general. I challenge any sportbike rider, whom has NEVER broken traffic laws, to stand up now.

Cruiser riders are out there for the enjoyment of the "wind in the knees" and the contemplation of life while traveling on a journey. It's not the destination, it is the getting there.

To back up my statement above, the reason why sportbikes are/were called "cafe-racers" is because of the races through the mountains and twisty roads in a bye-gone era in Europe. They would race from one cafe to another, and do so in groups.

Now, I'm not saying that this type of riding (and machine improvements) cannot be done with a cruiser, but I am saying is that MORE THAN JUST GENERALLY, cruisers don't (AND CAN'T) operate the same.

When I insured my bike last, it cost 2,300 bucks for a 6 month riding season. This is because of all the bike accidents, and the insurance company (there is only one, run by the gov't) deeming them "unsafe vehicles" as well as prone to theft. (forgot to add, my record is practically clear, and with the almost full merits)

Ironically, there was only one stolen that year, as well as (something like) 11 out of 93 accidents involving motorcycles were with cruisers. (2006 or 07) and bear with my bad memory. It was something like that.

I've very little use, nor patience for, sportbikes up here. Not denying their viability, but totally questioning the average young rider.

I did some research to answer my own question; most motorcycle accidents that involve multiple vehicles (2/3 or close to 70%), are caused by the failure to acknowledge the motorcycles' right of way; however fatalities in the under age 40 group are significantly increased by two factors: engine size (correlating with speed) and BAC (30% of motorcycle fatalities under age 40 have elevated BAC).

Well whats funny is that in all probability , what would have been justifiable use of force by the trooper would have been if he tackled the biker right off his bike. So its ironic that he had good restraint there, bad with drawing.

Im not bothered by speed. Im bothered by inexperience. Just like the shooting sports, the new can do really dumb things causing us all issues. Thats why I hate public stunting. Heres a factoid for you. GSXR750's and 1000cc sport bikes in my area are totalled 8 out of every 10. Insurance for these is in the 2k and up a year!!! They are truly the equivilant of a grand prix race car on the street. Now my bike, is even faster!!! It hits around 191mph. BUT its only 500 bucks a year to insure. Why? Because its the bike us older, truly experienced riders seem to choose, so very few are actually involved in claims. At face value of whats in the vid, no way he hit 128. The wheelie was a power wheelie and was probably no more than 10 inches off the ground. This is a big difference to those hanging off the bike or sitting on the tank stunting etc etc. He got a ticket and Im assumeng LE felt that was just and I would agree. His legal issue is from the video, not his infraction. So which would be worse, the speed and wheelie which could be argued put others in real danger that only got him a ticket, or the mere youtube vid that got him raided and facing felony charges?

Im betting that most here arent even that bothered about the trooper pulling, I thnk its the reaction from the state because it got exposed that troubles most.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The reason I posted this thread, was I personally thought the plain clothes officer was super aggressive jumping out of his car going guns-up when the cyclist hands were clearly visible and didn't pose much of a threat. I also found the wire-tap charge interesting.

This thread wasn't intended to be about the dipshit speeding and driving like an asshat down the highway endangering everyone. I think it is more or less implied that the motorcyclist was/is wreckless and doesn't have much of a leg to stand on legally per any defense.

This post isn't a FU thread to LE, and if that's how you read it...you definitely don't know me for shit. So if I hurt some feelings, get some thicker skin.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, from the very point of the officer being out of his car, look closely: <span style="font-weight: bold">the biker is initially in reverse</span>, which would have appeared to the officer like he (the biker) is trying to escape.</div></div>Super Sport Bikes don't have a reverse, he was rolling back because his clutch was engaged or he was in neutral.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the officer felt a badge alone wasn't going to keep the biker from reversing and taking off and greater "potential threat of force" was necessary to keep him put.</div></div>UKD, don't tell me you think that's acceptable...That mentality opens up pandora's box for what LEOs can potentially do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe how many people here condone this behavior.</div></div>I think he should've had his bike impounded and been arrested for his offenses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drawing his weapon implies he can shoot if the guy on the bike tries to flee, which I dont think he can.</div></div>Agreed. If it comes out of the holster, their needs to be reason for it...otherwise having a badge just justifies brandishing a weapon whatever the circumstance. Had the cyclist been in a car where his hands were NOT visible, that would've changed the dynamics of the situation IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here we go, more Monday morning quarterbacking from people who know little of what they speak of.</div></div>The discussion is about what IS in the posted video, not what we don't see in the video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the douchebag going 120 down the highway popping wheelies is the clown?</div></div>Absolutely...this isn't an ANTI-LEO thread, so don't misread it for that. The motorcyclist punk should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law IMO. If he wants to kill himself driving like that...no problem, but the second he endangers other folks...game over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you're a clown for posting this bullshit.</div></div>Thanks
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK, found a T-Shirt for you...
wink.gif

nqd9g7.jpg
</div></div>That's actually pretty funny, but wasn't my intention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sport bike riders have, and need, to prove to themselves...Cruiser riders are out there for the enjoyment of the "wind in the knees" and the contemplation of life while traveling on a journey.</div></div>Sean...did you really just write that
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did some research...fatalities in the under age 40 group are significantly increased by two factors: engine size (correlating with speed) and BAC (30% of motorcycle fatalities under age 40 have elevated BAC).</div></div>...and wouldn't this apply to cars as well (age/engine)...making the motorcycle argument moot.

Shane45 - Im taking the "128" thing at face value because the rider didn't dispute it. If he were disputing that, I'm pretty sure it would have been included in that clip. RE the experience thing, I wouldn't feel any better about the actions of the rider if he were some track superstar with tons of experience going that fast / riding. He might not mess up, but motorists do weird / stupid / unpredictable stuff as is, throw a bike going in the mix going 100+ and doing whatever kind of wheelie, bad juju. It's NOT safe. It IS reckless. NO excuse.

Time was, I had an '04 R6. It wasn't a liter-bike, but it was still plenty for a young buck fresh back from Iraq, with no riding experience, looking to find that lost adrenaline rush that was oh so familiar. Even then I had the sense to go out in the middle of nowhere if I felt the need to be stupid. I sold it after about a year, and still don't have any urge to get back on two wheels. I don't have anything against riders, I don't have anything against street bike riders, I just have no sympathy for those who choose to go 50 MPH over the speed limit through traffic. It's BS straight up.

Screw up by both parties, no question about it.
main problem is the audio video part. Two sets of standard's the police and the civilians. That seems to be the main issue. MD is a police state screw the people, we will do as we please is the mentality they have. Eating away at everyone's civil rights a piece at a time. A high court would rule in favor of the people on the a/v part. Good cops would not mind the camera and audio if they were doing nothing wrong, BUT a bad cop would. MD state police are just a bunch of jack booted thugs from the top down.

ok so every one saying that he didn't flash his badge because it might not of been
enough to stop him

about 2yrs ago I was in a night club in Darwin there was a bloke there trying to start me for most of the night but I just ignored him for the most part

any way Im standing there and the next thing I no Im being grabbed from behind
so I spin around and catch this dickbeater on the chin with a shot left hook he goes down now his mate is cocking his right , I move off line come threw with a cross cross and he is down start to leave the club and am meet by cops , turns out the two guys that tried to grab me were plane cloths cop's
so Im up on police assault ,gbh and resisting arrest

went to court and it was thrown out as police failed to identify them selves
and I was just defending my self and did not use excessive force

the point is if they had just came up to identified them selves none of that would happen...
so if your in plain cloths make cretin you identify your self because you never no
who your trying to grab
.Dave

The rider is an idiot who deserved arrest and should/will be punished for his crime.

However, no lights, no badge, no ID, no verbal identification (until gun drawn and hands on bike), PLUS a marked unit with lights on less than 15 seconds behind while in stopped traffic 5+ cars deep...this is bad police work.

Oh and MD's law about not being taped without consent apparently only applies to the sheeple. They can film you, but you can't film them. Baahhhh, baahhhh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">The reason I posted this thread, was I personally thought the plain clothes officer was super aggressive jumping out of his car going guns-up when the cyclist hands were clearly visible and didn't pose much of a threat. I also found the wire-tap charge interesting.

This thread wasn't intended to be about the dipshit speeding and driving like an asshat down the highway endangering everyone. I think it is more or less implied that the motorcyclist was/is wreckless and doesn't have much of a leg to stand on legally per any defense.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sport bike riders have, and need, to prove to themselves...Cruiser riders are out there for the enjoyment of the "wind in the knees" and the contemplation of life while traveling on a journey.</div></div>Sean...did you really just write that
grin.gif

</div></div>

Yeah, I did, and I'll admit to knee-jerk typing. Apologies all around. What I'd meant moreso, was "in general" it seems, around here.

There is a major push on, in this city and Edmonton, banning Loud Pipes. Because it is offending a number of soccer-mom's and 'sensitive-types'. All this has been getting to me, considering I just want to get out there and ride. Safely.

In this "state-run" vehicle insurance regime, it is the sport riders who have created so many problems for the rest of us, IN GENERAL. Ergo, my feelings towards them.

Regarding your observations towards the LEO, I cannot comment. What I would like, and what actually happens in reality, are two different things. I have had sidearms 'grasped' but not drawn, when I've been pulled over. Without even tickets being issued, or offenses being caused. Just random "spot-checks". And yes, my abstract is essentially clear.

I've met and worked with, a large number of excellent individuals, whom were LE. My best man, for one. But I too have met more than a few who had one heck of a "holier than thou" attitude.

I really hope that this is coming across clearer.
smile.gif

lol, I'll stir up the pot a lil, ass-hat's lucky he was in Maryland, if he'd been anywhere in the South poppin up and doin 128 endangering lives he'd have had more than an off duty in a ready gun position pointing at him.

Hard to believe anybody here thinks some dick brain doing what he did deserves a gentle citation!

As far as being video taped, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!! I'm LE and never minded getting taped as long as the process didn't interfere with my business. If I'm doing something wrong the public should have the right to document it on film.

The taping charge is BS. That said if a LEO asks you if you're taping and you lie about it then I guess it's up to the DA to see what laws need to be enforced.

As far as the gun being drawn. This officer didn't know who this guy was or what he had just done. Stolen bike, a gang banger driving crazy. Bikes are 500lb projectiles with deadly guidance systems on board. If the guy had decided to run him over the time to draw was long over. The Trooper holstered when he had the situation under his control.

In Philly someone asked me as a Fed agent when I unholstered my pistol. My response was in some areas, when I get out of the car!!

Bottom line everyone is safe including the driver and the Trooper. Being on the street sometimes I've seen where the presence of force is what is needed to keep things in check rather than giving some loose nut the chance to "try" the situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, I'll stir up the pot a lil, ass-hat's lucky he was in Maryland, if he'd been anywhere in the South poppin up and doin 128 endangering lives he'd have had more than an off duty in a ready gun position pointing at him.

Hard to believe anybody here thinks some dick brain doing what he did deserves a gentle citation!

As far as being video taped, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!! I'm LE and never minded getting taped as long as the process didn't interfere with my business. If I'm doing something wrong the public should have the right to document it on film. </div></div>

You got it right the shit bird deserves some administrative punishment but not for video recording.You have the correct attitude ...why fear taping if your doing nothing wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">The reason I posted this thread, was I personally thought the plain clothes officer was super aggressive jumping out of his car going guns-up when the cyclist hands were clearly visible and didn't pose much of a threat. I also found the wire-tap charge interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, from the very point of the officer being out of his car, look closely: the biker is initially in reverse</span>, which would have appeared to the officer like he (the biker) is trying to escape.</div></div>Super Sport Bikes don't have a reverse, he was rolling back because his clutch was engaged or he was in neutral.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the officer felt a badge alone wasn't going to keep the biker from reversing and taking off and greater "potential threat of force" was necessary to keep him put.</div></div>UKD, don't tell me you think that's acceptable...That mentality opens up pandora's box for what LEOs can potentially do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe how many people here condone this behavior.</div></div>
OK, so I'm not a bike person - but it looked like retreating to me
smile.gif
. I didn't say the guy should be shot, but people have been tasered for less. No, it bothers me that we have to be uncivilized and not play by the rules that we even need police. Can't we all just get along & behave?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drawing his weapon implies he can shoot if the guy on the bike tries to flee, which I dont think he can.</div></div>Agreed. If it comes out of the holster, their needs to be reason for it...otherwise having a badge just justifies brandishing a weapon whatever the circumstance. Had the cyclist been in a car where his hands were NOT visible, that would've changed the dynamics of the situation IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here we go, more Monday morning quarterbacking from people who know little of what they speak of.</div></div>The discussion is about what IS in the posted video, not what we don't see in the video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the douchebag going 120 down the highway popping wheelies is the clown?</div></div>Absolutely...this isn't an ANTI-LEO thread, so don't misread it for that. The motorcyclist punk should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law IMO. If he wants to kill himself driving like that...no problem, but the second he endangers other folks...game over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did some research...fatalities in the under age 40 group are significantly increased by two factors: engine size (correlating with speed) and BAC (30% of motorcycle fatalities under age 40 have elevated BAC).</div></div>...and wouldn't this apply to cars as well (age/engine)...making the motorcycle argument moot.

</div></div> I was making the point that I was actually surprised that multi-vehicle collision w/bikes were more often the fault of the auto/truck than the bike, but fatalities were moreso a function of youth, engine size, BAC (and of course not wearing a helmet). No,its not the same with engine size in a car because the larger engine block often protects the idiot driver going over 120 - just squats the little smart car it hits.