• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDRx 308 supressed Accuracy

Odinforever2000

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2020
Oregon
Greetings Everyone,
I recently acquired a HxWrks suppressor and after several unsatisfactory results using just a muzzle break on a 308 Mdrx.I noticed in several reviews ,an Oss/Hxwrks supressor being used when shopting the rifle for groups..

Desert Tech has acknowledged a Barrel Harmonics issue in the MDRX. Most Likely referring to the Fullpower rifles and not the intermediate set ups(Those all shoot well, they just heavy for caliber).
I figure this may be why the Barrel Block, Feedramp, Piston and Oprod connections were altered in the Wlvrn released at shot show this year.

The harmonics issue may be why I can have 1 round (usually from bolt release) grow the group to 2.5moa but have 4 rounds inside 0.75moa when doing my 5 shot groups at that time.
Happened a few times with 168gr Fed GmmK and even a reloading recipe I was testing next to the Keltec RFB.
I imagine this may have also been the reason for WILD changes in POI when changing match ammo (typically 168gr) types.Up to 4" right on Windage,which can translate to groups being off my target at 100yards.

-Test results-
20240302_125123.jpg
Rifle
MDRx 2020
DT Reflex Handguard
OEM 308 MDR FE Barrel W/MDRX Gen 3 gasblock and adjuster updates (Basically an MDRX barrel and block)
HXWrks 30cal Qd muzzle brake (Previously was the Cobalt Kinetics Variant of this mount)
Aero Precision Ultralight SPR mount @ 1.5"
Acme Machine 1-8x34 LPVO
Covered Wood block at a rest for the front of the rifle.

168gr Fed Gmmk 1.4moa average (10 shot groups) with a flyer in each.Elevation adjustment after the first group. 9 hole average is 1.15moa.
JboF4uJ-1.png
168gr Hornady Black (1.6moa 5 shot average)Z0fHfrQ-1.png
168gr S&B Match 1.7 moa 5 shot average
CMV19of-1.png
I didn't take my time on the first 5 (2.2moa) and was kinda tired...but took my time at my last 5 (1.3moa).

Much happier with these results. I think I'll keep it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snapper314