• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT 12RD Fit in KRG W3 after adjusting

JuiceboxPNW

Privateer for Hire. Will work for 22LR
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
Greensboro
During a match in june, I was finally able to figure out why I couldn't load a round in when I had forward pressure on a barricade, in that my magazine was moving around in the magwell and causing rounds to bind when feeding. I looked up how to adjust the magwell but the adjustements that are in the instructions and on the website didnt really allow for anything on my chassis. I ended up using the tolerances of the plastic modled pieces between the magwell to tighten it up a littl bit, but no where near as much as the instructions say one could. I ended up using a MariTool Conversion card thats .0225 thick and cutting a small section to make a shim for it. Tested my MDT Steel 10 round mags and they were pefect. Here's where my problem starts. I just asssumed my 12rd magazine would fit just fine. but come to find out I have to press it in crazy hard, and to pull it out is just as hard, if not more. Any suggestions as to a resolve that doesnt include removing material from plastic parts? I have kind of conceided and bought a +2 extension, but it would be nice to have a 12rd magazine that fits.

Attachments

• shim.jpg
    shim.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 44
What cartridge are you shooting? And what action? Does the action allow for AW mags?

I was running 6.5CM and would run into this issue. Switched to AW mags. But in doing so, I had to buy a replacement mag-catch and sand it down to fit. Feeds great with AW mags now (still had to adjust feed lips).

Other than that I switched to a diff chassis and no longer run into that issue.

What cartridge are you shooting? And what action? Does the action allow for AW mags?

I was running 6.5CM and would run into this issue. Switched to AW mags. But in doing so, I had to buy a replacement mag-catch and sand it down to fit. Feeds great with AW mags now (still had to adjust feed lips).

Other than that I switched to a diff chassis and no longer run into that issue.
TL3 in 6.5CM and AICS mags

Is the mag-Cut for AICS or AW?

I'm also running a TL3 with Whiskey-3 with AW.

Huh? AICS/AW are the same cut
Do you mean the AW cut will accept AW and AICS?

As i understand it...
You can also get the TL3 with only the AICS mag cut.

If OP has the AW cut, he can use both AW and AICS magazines.
If OP has specifically the AICS cut, then only AICS mags can be used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-122506.png
    Screenshot_20210921-122506.png
    722.4 KB · Views: 31
Do you mean the AW cut will accept AW and AICS?

As i understand it...
You can also get the TL3 with only the AICS mag cut.

If OP has the AW cut, he can use both AW and AICS magazines.
If OP has specifically the AICS cut, then only AICS mags can be used.
Oh shoot, I was thinking of the chassis. You know, because the chassis is what would be causing his issues with a floppy mag inside the chassis mag well. .

Oh shoot, I was thinking of the chassis. You know, because the chassis is what would be causing his issues with a floppy mag inside the chassis mag well. .
I agree, but when I switched to the AW mags, it fit better and less wobble because it's wider than the AICS magazine. It's also shorter, so when you're on a barricade that hits the bottom of the mag, you don't get binding. (this issue was more specific to the KRG W3 that i'm running).

Using the MDT ACC now, and can only use AICS magazines, but its a tight fit and haven't had any binding issues yet.