• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

TheNamesSnek

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2023
New York
Hey all, I recently bought a couple MDT AICS pattern 10 round magazines for my 6.5 Tikka T3x and I've noticed that the top round gradually angles further and further upwards when loaded past 3 rounds. These magazines also don't have the binder plate if that makes a difference in this regard. Is this a result of spring tension that is too high and will gradually go away as the magazines break in or is this irrelevant to the function of the rifle and isn't a problem? I haven't received the compatible DBM yet that I ordered these for so I'm unable to test if it impacts the consistency of chambering them in my rifle, as that would likely be the main concern with this. Just curious to see if this is a known issue or a non-issue.

Attachments

• aicsmags.jpg
    aicsmags.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 24
I’ll have to look at mine when they are full, but it almost seems like the lips are to open causing some tilt issues. Also you can contact MDT and see if they offer slightly lighter spring tension.