• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis CZ457 / Would You?

reichco457

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2019
Redondo Beach, CA
Plus and Minus of switching to alloy chassis (Besides $$$), assuming you have a 455 or 457. Interested in hearing your opinions!

I would. I picked up an ACC not too long ago and I absolutely love it.

I just ordered a VuDoo and it too will reside in the ACC.

The amount of adjustment and the ability to balance it out is a very nice feature.

I love the rail length on it.

One thing I found out is that because of the barrel channel length and running the VuDoo with an 18 inch barrel, the barrel might not make it past the barrel channel.

To fix this, I went with a 20 inch barrel. The barrel will stick out about an inch and a half. Not sure what the CZ barrel lengths are.

Reactions: reichco457
I would. I picked up an ACC not too long ago and I absolutely love it.

I just ordered a VuDoo and it too will reside in the ACC.

The amount of adjustment and the ability to balance it out is a very nice feature.

I love the rail length on it.

One thing I found out is that because of the barrel channel length and running the VuDoo with an 18 inch barrel, the barrel might not make it past the barrel channel.

To fix this, I went with a 20 inch barrel. The barrel will stick out about an inch and a half. Not sure what the CZ barrel lengths are.

Thanks for the feedback, good to know about barrel length. I have a 20+ inch. Did it drop in? I am assuming it was CZ?

I have a CZ457 in an MDT ACC Chassis, I love it. The whole rifle with chassis is for sale by the way, if you are interested. Only for sale cause I’m considering upgrading to the new Zermatt Rim X.

Attachments

• 902B83F5-34D7-4DEF-9959-C3822B68DB2D.jpeg
    902B83F5-34D7-4DEF-9959-C3822B68DB2D.jpeg
    729.3 KB · Views: 275
Which MDT version , nice set up! From time to order and receive? Did you have a DIP mag well on the 457. Eventually was this a “True” drop in? Thanks for your feedback.
All inlets for CZ 457 from MDT will be a true drop in. They offer a magwell spacer and extended mag release that works very nicely with the ACC.

I had a Bravo for the 455 that I ended up selling because the mag well was deeply recessed and you really had to have perfect alignment to get them in. Maybe the MDT chassis is better but it’s something to watch out for.

I had a Bravo for the 455 that I ended up selling because the mag well was deeply recessed and you really had to have perfect alignment to get them in. Maybe the MDT chassis is better but it’s something to watch out for.
They magwell is recessed fairly deep on the ACC because it’s a centerfire sized magwell, but they have it beveled for easier insertion as well as a guide in the back and a extended mag release. Never had trouble inserted a mag in the clock for NRL 22.

I looked at the ACC and have several other MDT chassis I have been really happy with. In the end I went with an MPA due to the length of the forearm on the ACC. I like 16” barrels so the forearm would have extended about 4” beyond the end of my barrel. The chassis that MPA makes for the CZ is also significantly lighter out of the box as well. I Know both can be tuned but I don’t know how light you can get the MDT ACC. I am considering putting my Tikka T3 in an ACC however to see how I like it.

Reactions: littlepod
I looked at the ACC and have several other MDT chassis I have been really happy with. In the end I went with an MPA due to the length of the forearm on the ACC. I like 16” barrels so the forearm would have extended about 4” beyond the end of my barrel. The chassis that MPA makes for the CZ is also significantly lighter out of the box as well. I Know both can be tuned but I don’t know how light you can get the MDT ACC. I am considering putting my Tikka T3 in an ACC however to see how I like it.
Is MPA a direct competitor to MDT? I looked at their site today. ACC's Buttstock has many adjustments, not sure it is needed for me? thanks for mentioning MPA.

Reactions: Big Timber
Does anyone know if the Diversified Innovative Products (DIP) aluminum magwell fits in the MDT ACC chassis for the 457 without fabrication ?? I know some grinding needs to be done on the MPA chassis for the action and magwell to seat properly in the chassis

Hey guys a question on my CZ457 ProVarmint. 16.5" barrel with 6" of suppressor puts me at 22.5". I have an ACC for my centerfire and there is ample barrel clearance in the channel. Since I'm assuming on my CZ that some of my suppressor will be inside that channel.....wondering on clearance issues for my suppressor potentially touching the chassis? I currently have it on a Bravo with XL Spigot and there it barely occasionally touches when loaded on a bipod. Thanks for any insight

Last edited: