• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC vs MPA Matrix video review

Thanks Covertnoob, have an ACC now but was going to go Matrix or XLR Envy Pro. Would love to know how Matrix works out for you.

I don’t love the grip, and the thumb screws for the butt stock seem to loosen up on there own constantly. I like it over all, but I’m building a new rifle, so just looking at my options. MDT is a great company, so I’m not trying to be negative at all. I’m just interested in thoughts on the other two I mentioned.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Thanks Covertnoob, have an ACC now but was going to go Matrix or XLR Envy Pro. Would love to know how Matrix works out for you.

Since the video I’ve run it in 1 national level match and 2 additional local matches. Not bad at all, and REALLY LOVE the grip area. Super consistent.

I did switch scopes to a Revic and now unfortunately it’s pretty rear heavy with an m24 barrel. I can’t get it to balance right. Balanced great with my 735 atacr and ZCO. I even added 2 sets of exterior MDT weights to the Matrix to see if that would help, but no dice.
Have a custom contour barrel coming in next week, 1.25” for the first 8” then taper to .98” at the muzzle. That should get it balanced right, but I don’t want to be basically restricted to barrel contour to get the balance right.

I’m running M24 at 24”, so I’m interested how yours balances. MDT is very heavy in the butt stock so had to add weight to the front with a 24” sendero profile on my other gun. Still was a little out of balance.

I’m running M24 at 24”, so I’m interested how yours balances. MDT is very heavy in the butt stock so had to add weight to the front with a 24” sendero profile on my other gun. Still was a little out of balance.

26” M24 barrel balances on top of the magwell. I can’t get it to balance properly unless I have my triple pull Ckye pod attached (~ 2.5lbs).

With my ACC it’s balanced perfectly in front of the magwell. I used all the weights which is nice cause it’s about 27lbs so a very nice shooter.

You ever run a KRG Whiskey 3? I’m thinking of one of those or the ACC. The latter can get way heavier, but I’m shooting a .204, so 18-20 lbs is probably enough for me. I think. Balance doesn’t really matter.

Background: bench shooting prairie dogs.

You ever run a KRG Whiskey 3? I’m thinking of one of those or the ACC. The latter can get way heavier, but I’m shooting a .204, so 18-20 lbs is probably enough for me. I think. Balance doesn’t really matter.

Background: bench shooting prairie dogs.

Yup! I’ll do a video on that at some point if people want it lol so my W3 with an m24 26” barrel was at about 18-19lbs with the enclosed forend.

Not sure what style of shooting you’d like to do, but getting an ACC to 18-20lbs is easy just run it with no weights.
My buddy runs his ACC with no weights and a heavy Palma 26” and it’s right about 16lbs

Reactions: asaavedra
Yup! I’ll do a video on that at some point if people want it lol so my W3 with an m24 26” barrel was at about 18-19lbs with the enclosed forend.

Not sure what style of shooting you’d like to do, but getting an ACC to 18-20lbs is easy just run it with no weights.
My buddy runs his ACC with no weights and a heavy Palma 26” and it’s right about 16lbs
Could you give me the quick n’ dirty down low on the “drinkin’ 3 whiskeys”? Don’t think I can wait for the vid ?

Good video

Being a stock shooter, I never was a fan of the MPA or MDT (or any other chassis really) with the skeletonized butt, but the Matrix looks way better. than the original MPA. I still hate their angled and narrow magwell though.

Could you give me the quick n’ dirty down low on the “drinkin’ 3 whiskeys”? Don’t think I can wait for the vid ?

haha yea no worries, so the W3 with no enclosed forend is about 4lbs (I always recommend folding options, but personal preference). Enclosed forend extends the forend length by about 3” and adds about 1lb. You’ll also have to purchase an ARCA as it doesn’t come with one.

The W3 with enclosed just looks absolutely BADASS! Lol you can also add a couple lbs with exterior mlok weights from either mdt or XLR.
See attached pic for XLR weights on my W3.

Depending on use case, the W3 is lighter but certainly can’t go as heavy. Another little known talked about feature of the W3 is you can shed a little more weight if you purchase the Bravo rear end. It’s 2 screws to swap rears. Really nice feature imo.

I like the W3 a lot, but it’s definitely on the more pricey side if you go folder + enclosed forend (highly recommended! Because of extra length if nothing else) + arca + QD sling mount.
It comes with a little stub for a bag rider, but I prefer the angled bag rider and they have a weighted version (steel & adds ~1lb) or the plastic version. That’s another extra cost.

Easy to get that chassis expensive real quick.

Grip is not as interchangeable as the ACC or Matrix for that matter. There’s only 2 skins, regular and large. If those don’t fit great, make it fit great lol and the grip to trigger distance is also not something you can change so umm yea figure it out lol

That was one gripe I had with the W3 was trigger to grip distance with my hand. Other gripe I had was just that it doesn’t have the weight versatility as other chassis do. I buy barrel blanks based on what’s in stock.
I’m not tied to only 1 contour, so currently I’ve got proof carbon sendero lite, medium Palma, m24, MTU, heavy Varmint, and the custom heavy contour. All those require different weight settings to balance right for me. The ACC provides that. The Matrix and KRG sorta do but not at the same level.

ETA: here’s the pic. 2 exterior XLR weights add ~1lbs total.
E6D68C1C-6480-41AA-AC16-029B2EB903D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Good video

Being a stock shooter, I never was a fan of the MPA or MDT (or any other chassis really) with the skeletonized butt, but the Matrix looks way better. than the original MPA. I still hate their angled and narrow magwell though.

Thanks for watching! I want to try and get into the new manners tcs. Loved it at SHOT. I had a PRS1 and it was ok, but stocks just don’t offer the balance versatility these chassis do. But I’m a sucker for a good looking stock so I’m right with ya. The Matrix is a very very good blend of stock/chassis hybrid tho.

@Covertnoob5 thank you for doing that video!

Are you running the internal weights up front for the Matrix? if so how many pairs of external m-lok weights are you able to bolt on with it?

I've been interested in a matrix, but definitely don't want to get into a chassis that is back heavy.

@Covertnoob5 thank you for doing that video!

Are you running the internal weights up front for the Matrix? if so how many pairs of external m-lok weights are you able to bolt on with it?

I've been interested in a matrix, but definitely don't want to get into a chassis that is back heavy.

so as stated in the video I don’t have a weight kit for the matrix. I’ve tried some MDT exterior weights. They require 2 mlok slots per weight. Barrel profile will play a role in how this chassis will balance. It’s a comp chassis so you probably shouldn't be running something like a medium Palma on that type of rifle anyway.

Awesome video! Hit my spot exactly. They both are excellent and has specific advantages. I wish I can get behind each chassis and compare. Am I correct that MPA doesn't have as much capacity to add weight as MDA does but it's easier to get magazine tuned to feed properly because of the adjustable mag latch?

Dave at grayops cnc just came out with external weight kits for the Matrix.

I run AW mags so having an adjustable mag catch like MPA does is a huge plus for me.

@Covertnoob5 , appreciate your review...awesome!!!

Let me ask you one question, if you had to choose just one which one would it be??

Thanks

Wanted to thank @Covertnoob5 for a KRG Whiskey 3 review he did on YouTube. Just stumbled across it, looks like he didn’t post a link on the hide (prob too busy). I had already bought my W3, but he had a good rundown.

One note: If you do want more weight and reach there is an aluminum forend with an acra rail machined into it. I think there’s a NV bridge that screws onto that for Covertnoob’s thumb.

edit: one NV bridge they make screws onto a spigot mount, and they make a bunch of their stuff that might work. For the aluminum forend I’d give them a call.

Last edited:
Wanted to thank @Covertnoob5 for a KRG Whiskey 3 review he did on YouTube. Just stumbled across it, looks like he didn’t post a link on the hide (prob too busy). I had already bought my W3, but he had a good rundown.

One note: If you do want more weight and reach there is an aluminum forend with an acra rail machined into it. I think there’s a NV bridge that screws onto that for Covertnoob’s thumb.

edit: one NV bridge they make screws onto a spigot mount, and they make a bunch of their stuff that might work. For the aluminum forend I’d give them a call.
Thanks buddy for the watch! Truly appreciate it! Since my review, KRG actually came out weighted internal t-slot and arca rail for the enclosed forend. So easier to add some weight now!

Thanks buddy for the watch! Truly appreciate it! Since my review, KRG actually came out weighted internal t-slot and arca rail for the enclosed forend. So easier to add some weight now!
Right on. I use the internal weight, the heavy angled bag rider, and as mentioned the aluminum forend w/integral acra dovetail.

I just mentioned the other NV mount options if someone didn’t want to run the enclosed forend for some reason. I also just looked at my rifle and noticed there’s drilled holes in the front for an NV bridge too.

Are they planning on selling the Whiskey with the Enclosed Fore-end as a package? I hate having to buy a Whiskey and they pay additional for the enclosed foreend and then have the default one just sitting around wastefully.

Are they planning on selling the Whiskey with the Enclosed Fore-end as a package? I hate having to buy a Whiskey and they pay additional for the enclosed foreend and then have the default one just sitting around wastefully.
They already do! When selecting an inlet you can select r700 with enclosed forend

Reactions: littlepod