• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC weights?

bfk4lyfe

Minuteman
Jul 1, 2010
CA and NV
I'm planning on buying an MDT ACC for my barreled action with a 26" MTU barrel (it'll have a Gen2 Razor and CAL bipod as well). I don't want to intentionally over load it with weights and make a 30 pound rifle, but I assume I'll need some to balance it properly. From all the picture research I can do online it seems like most people run 3 external weights outside, but unsure about what, if any, they have inside.

Can anyone share some insight about what you're running on a similar set up? I'd like to just place one order and be done.

I have all the internal weights, butt stock weight, and 2 sets of external weights. You definitely want the butt stock weight IMO.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Look into the sawtooth rifles, weights.

3003BD6E-7025-49A0-8CD6-2151CC8EE59D.jpeg

Reactions: bfk4lyfe
I have all the internal weights, butt stock weight, and 2 sets of external weights. You definitely want the butt stock weight IMO.

Do you need the internal weights to balance it, or were trying to weight it down a bit?

In my accs I run full internal and the butt stock weight and bag rider. Balances fine and I don’t have the ugly outside weights. They weigh 22-23 depending on if it’s the straight barrel nut or proof comp contour, both 26”.
I just did it for weight, I’ve actually never had a rifle in a chassis I’d say isn’t “balanced.” It’s only my heavy barreled traditional wood stocked rifles that don’t balance.

if you can Id recommend getting the full set inside and out want less take a few off better to have and not need than to need and not have , but if your not bothered by how unattractive your gun can be making your own outside weights is a much cheaper option the m lock fixtures can be gotten on amazon on the cheap and cold rolled flat stock is not that expensive if you have somewhere close to you to get it .They do charge a premium on the mdt weights and you really don't get all that much weight for the cost , but they look a lot better than slabs of metal on the side of your stock . I got both not caring how it looks good luck and I hope you enjoy your chassis as much as I do or more it's been a great platform so far .

Do you need the internal weights to balance it, or were trying to weight it down a bit?
You don’t need it but I feel you can get finer adjustments with them if you really needed to tweak your balance point.