• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Acquires CKYE-POD

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    MDT Acquires CKYE-POD
    We are proud to announce the acquisition of the CKYE-POD bipod from Ckye Thomas, owner of 406 Bullets. The CKYE-POD system joins MDT’s growing suite of products optimized for precision rifle competition.

The CKYE-POD comes packed with a host of features is the most versatile and modular bipod currently on the market.

• Pan and tilt functionality.
    • Multi-positional legs attach to an assembly which allows both sides to side and front to back adjustment
    • Made of 6061 and 7075 aluminum, weighs 1 pound, 4.9 ounces
    • Integrated barricade stop
    • Picatinny and ARCA rails mounting that adjusts at the push of a button.
    • 170 degrees of cant
    • 360 degrees of pan
    • multiple height adjustments
    • Simple push-button configuration
    The MDT CKYE-POD will soon be available - please visit our site and sign up for notification!

Easily the best bipod out there. Get yours or get left behind!

2018 CP REAR.jpg

Regards,
    DT

The MDT website says "Starting at $499 MSRP" I'm guessing the Picatinny version is $499 as it's the cheaper of the two.

Good for him. I remember buying mine out of the back of a pickup truck at a shoot. Pretty sure it was one of the first ones made. He is a nice guy and it's great to see that his ingenuity hopefully paid off for him.

We're very excited to have the Ckye Pod available as part of our product lineup and can't wait to have Ckye as part of our team for the 2019! The $499 price is based on the picatinny version, and the Arca clamp/different legs will change the price from there.

As we will be taking over production from Ckye, we also hope to decrease lead times and increase stock for customers around the globe! As of right now, there is a lot of transition, so we appreciate your patience :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions or contact the support team here!

Josh, will you guys be handling any defects/warranty work from Ckye-Pods pre-dating the acquisition? I have the latest Gen from Ckye and have not had any issues with it... just curious for future reference.

Can the pan and/or cant be locked? Thanks.

Josh, will you guys be handling any defects/warranty work from Ckye-Pods pre-dating the acquisition? I have the latest Gen from Ckye and have not had any issues with it... just curious for future reference.

If you run into any issues, feel free to contact our customer support and we will work with Ckye to get things sorted out until the changeover is complete :)

Can the pan and/or cant be locked? Thanks.

Kind of on the current models (by cranking down the set screw) but Ckye has a cool prototype for a lockout on the panning feature that we may have to implement.

Reactions: ViP and superde
    If you run into any issues, feel free to contact our customer support and we will work with Ckye to get things sorted out until the changeover is complete :)

Kind of on the current models (by cranking down the set screw) but Ckye has a cool prototype for a lockout on the panning feature that we may have to implement.
    Pan lockout would be useful. Thanks.

Is this something that can be retrofitted to the current gen Ckye-Pods?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    cheaper to buy new than retrofit. I have a pic. its a step done early in the machining if I understand it correctly. The pan lockout is a very nice feature but not required for effective use. Set the tension tight enough and youll be gtg.

Regards,
    DT

Attachments

• CP - LOCKING.jpg
      CP - LOCKING.jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 116
    Adjustable cant tension would be a nice feature, like a spring-loaded pod-loc or something similar. The panning I can deal with, needing an Allen to adjust cant tension is annoying.
    Agreed, a cant locking feature that can be easily set would be great.

Reactions: SuperChop
    Pan lockout would be useful. Thanks.

Ckye does have something designed for this, so we will see about getting it implemented into the design when we take over manufacturing.
    Is this something that can be retrofitted to the current gen Ckye-Pods?

Unfortunately not without potentially damaging the current pan feature.

Adjustable cant tension would be a nice feature, like a spring-loaded pod-loc or something similar. The panning I can deal with, needing an Allen to adjust cant tension is annoying.

I agree and we talked about a tooless feature last week at SHOT with Ckye. There are a lot of prototypes in his head that most people haven't seen so rest assured, we're working on it with him ;)

@MDT_Josh Any timeframe on when they’ll be available?

@Andielouroo is correct that we hope to have them available for shipping in April if not sooner! With the signups on the website filling up quickly, we are working fast to ensure that we can up the production to keep up with demand.

Reactions: Andielouroo
    Ckye was going to increase the price for 2019 regardless, due to material cost increases. Unfortunately, with the timing on our end, we got to make the announcement, and not him :( Sorry.

Not that you're making decisions based on my opinion but about the only thing holding me back is having to pick either pic or Arca, you make an adapter so it can use the RRS mount that does both or come up with your own and I'm in

At least to try out ?

Last edited:
    Last edited:
    So, 500 and 549 for pic or arca mount. PRS discount code doesn’t work.

I’ve used these a little to try out and it’s just not worth almost double an atlas. This is coming from someone who doesn’t mind spending however much on just about anything.

Typically when a company acquires a product and they have the ability to produce something in a most cost effective manner, the consumer is afforded a little savings.

I won’t pretend to know what it costs to manufacture or what MDT’s margins are, but I will say that I’m disappointed in pricing for this product.

So, 500 and 549 for pic or arca mount. PRS discount code doesn’t work.

I’ve used these a little to try out and it’s just not worth almost double an atlas. This is coming from someone who doesn’t mind spending however much on just about anything.

Typically when a company acquires a product and they have the ability to produce something in a most cost effective manner, the consumer is afforded a little savings.

I won’t pretend to know what it costs to manufacture or what MDT’s margins are, but I will say that I’m disappointed in pricing for this product.

We appreciate this feedback! We believe the price is worth the product but we also respect that some people disagree with that. MDT will continue to listen to customer feedback to come out with awesome products at a fair price.

Reactions: Dthomas3523