• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Bolt Knob Install on Tikka T1X

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
How in the heck can you get the screws in to attach on the the MDT clamp on bolt knob? The screws are definitely not long enough and I am sandwiching the plastic plate fairly hard to get it to close...

Anyone else have any hints or tips on this one?

You will have Dremel out the inside, I passed that info on to MDT a couple years ago that it does not fit the T1X. It also doesn’t allow the bolt to fully close.

• Wow
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I haven't done a Tikka but did a Savage and a Rem. I used small waterpump pliers to get things together where the screw would engage and different screwdriver blades to separate them to do modifications such as dremel mentioned above. Caution, do not over tighten screw. Good luck.

Is there an MDT or other clamp on bolt knob for rimfires? Have one on my Savage 110 and so far it`s been really good. Have a 93R17 and would like a bigger knob on the bolt if I could find one.

Reactions: Jkosinski
I have 3 T1x's. They all have the MDS bolt handle cover on them. I like the size and when my guns are in the safe they do not scratch each other like the stainless after market ones did. I had to Dremel them all to fit at all. The bolts close fine with them and they work great. 3 guns 3 stocks Factory, Bravo ,and Oryx.