• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories MDT BR 3D Printed Mag Extensions

Jo3tek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2020
Victoria, TX
Hello everyone! There is a well known problem with the 3 ribbed MDT BR mags and I've also had the same problem. When loading the mag, you are usually able to load 7 rounds in until you are met with a very heavy resistance when loading the last 3. If you're lucky, still have all your fingers intact, and you can fit all 10/12 rds in, then you are met with a swelled mag body that is very tough to insert into your gun. I've been searching for a while now and never found a solution to the problem unless you buy the updated 4 ribbed mags, which are also a bit tough as well.

I've designed a mag extension that fixes the issue, as well as extends the mags capacity. I've been using this extension myself through a few matches, including RiflesOnly which requires you to remove your mag as you move positions. I tend to simply drop the mag straight to the ground and grab another from my holster. These extensions have held up from being dropped multiple times into dirt and concrete, and I am confident enough that it will survive some abuse within reason. I've attached a video of the culvert stage with me dropping each mag between movements.

These extensions will increase the 10rd mags to 13rds and the 12rd to 14rds. You can possibly fit 15rds (if you don't mind the swelling of the mag body) in those rare stages that require 15rds total so you wouldn't have to do a mag swap mid stage. I sometimes do this when called for and haven't had issues.

I am offering these mags extensions for 25$/ea +10$ shipping via USPS. I currently only have black at the moment but other colors are on their way. With my current job schedules, I am able to ship these on Mondays and possibly Saturdays. Current payment methods are PP G&S or FF, Zelle, and USPS MO.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_6254.JPG
    IMG_6254.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6253.JPG
    IMG_6253.JPG
    496.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5949.jpg
    IMG_5949.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: