• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT chassis systems vs AICS

dtdk

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2009
mn in the us
I am thinking of trying out a MDT chassis either the hs3 or tac21 in place of my aics.

If anyone has experience with one or both of those I would love to hear about it.

Reactions: Dm1995
Only with the ACC even though is not what you listed. Got the new chassis for LA and it’s a piece of art. Works excellent for me. Customer service and working with the company is awesome as well.

Reactions: 021411
In my opinion, you would downgrade if you change. AICS is a great chassie. If you are a regular PRS competitor, then maybe the AAC could be something to consider, but only maybe.

Reactions: Sierra770
I’m really impressed with the ACC. Got behind one for a bit and it’s good. If I didn’t already have an MPA Comp it would be on top of my list.

I have an AICS (AI MKIII folder) and a MDT Tac21 (Non-Folder). I am a fan of both. However, with the Tac21 removal of the trigger is a PITA. But how often are you going to remove and reinstall the trigger anyway.

I like the grip options on the MDT chassis over the AICS and I may try viperskins on the AICS as they do have more of a "pistol or AR15" type grip.

It is the grip of the aics that I'm not happy with. I have found it awkward when shooting from a bench.

two different animals, I have the HS3 for about 3 years now and have been really happy with it.
yet I think that the AI AICS is much more robust.
I really like the service and innovation of MDT, you can always be sure that if you need any help they will be there to help and answer any question you have.

I've had a TAC 21 for a few years. If you are one who isnt going to take your rifle apart a bunch then it is a solid chassis. The trigger instal/removal isnt fast. You will need extra high rings with the continuous rail.

Reactions: dtdk
I am thinking of trying out a MDT chassis either the hs3 or tac21 in place of my aics.

If anyone has experience with one or both of those I would love to hear about it.
I’m in the same boat. I have a bergara premier LA. It comes with a folding stock and it’s a mdt chassis I believe. I want to switch the stock to an accuracy international II folding stock and full length rail.

I’m wondering which is best. If you all have any input I would appreciate if.

Thanks

I ran an AICS for a few years in both my centerfire and Vudoo. Then I wanted to add ARCA to it. I got turned on to the MDT ACC from a friend, sold both of my AICS and bought two ACC's and haven't looked back. Night and day difference for competition for me.

Reactions: Gar.