• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Chassis

Sanwizard

Sanwizard
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2018
Charleston South Carolina
I love the way MDT aluminum chassis and stocks look. I feel they are one of the sexiest chassis on the market, especially when used with their folding skeleton stocks. The adjustability is fantastic, along with the looks and ergonomics.
I like them so much that I use their chassis on every bolt action rifle I own, and have been particularly enamored with their LSS-XL line. That being said, I wwas just installing a new scope, and noticed that as I applied any horizontal pressure to the stock, the barrel moved back and forth within the forend of the chassis. It was quite noticable, and caused the muzzle to also move around. This is happening on my custom Tenacity/Bartlein build, and also my Savage SA 10 6.5 build. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if it would have an effect on accuracy.

This is the first I have noticed the issue. Any comments welcome. For some reason I cannot attach the MP4 file to show it.

It moved and went back to where it was? If so then no worries, stuff flexes. If it moves and stays in different spots then you need to tighten it up. It should go back to its center location when pressure is relieved.

Reactions: Steel head
Yes, it recenters when any sideways pressure is relieved, but I never noticed it before. I just checked the TAC21, and that chassis does not have the issue, only the two LSS-XL chassis I own. I used to have a swivel bipod on them, but recently replaced them with a handguard mounted xAegis mlock wide bipod. I am wondering if the handguard aluminum on the LSS-XL is sturdy enough to handle the wide stance bipod along with the heavy Bartlein barrel.

The TAC-21 is built like a tank, so no issues there. Has anyone else noticed the wobble when using a handguard mounted wide PRS style Bipod?

Yes, it recenters when any sideways pressure is relieved, but I never noticed it before. I just checked the TAC21, and that chassis does not have the issue, only the two LSS-XL chassis I own. I used to have a swivel bipod on them, but recently replaced them with a handguard mounted xAegis mlock wide bipod. I am wondering if the handguard aluminum on the LSS-XL is sturdy enough to handle the wide stance bipod along with the heavy Bartlein barrel.

The TAC-21 is built like a tank, so no issues there. Has anyone else noticed the wobble when using a handguard mounted wide PRS style Bipod?

I was today days old when I found out about mlok mounted bipods

Reactions: drew_235
Same issue. But if it flexes and goes back to same position no issue. I changed chassis to MDT LSSXL2 from XLR and no difference in accuracy with the flex. If you want light weight you have to compromise somewhere.

Reactions: Sanwizard
I have the LSS-XL gen2 and the forend does flex (twist) quite a bit. It is definitely a little unnerving and I find
that you have to use a bit more force pulling the stock into your shoulder otherwise it is all over the
place on a bipod. On a barricade its fine.

It is designed and marketed as a lightweight chassis and the forend is small and thin walled so
its going to flex. I have learned how to deal with the flex and the chassis does not hamper my
ability to hit what I aim at. Only I hamper my ability to hit what I aim at.

Interesting, never shot one but I also have a ESS and that is a rock..
Admitting I have a super heavy barrel and a very stiff bipod connection.

So the torque applied when the rifle is shaken is actually quite high.

That C channel is not the stiffest structure, but I love the chassis.