• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT CIP Length Mags in LA Bravo

TM6

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2019
Purchased 2 MDT CIP (3.850") Metal Mags for BF sale for my 300PRC build on LA Origin in M700 LA Bravo w/ W3 Forend. Both mags fit in and locked up tight but wouldn't feed.

Figured there was a problem so removed barreled action from Bravo inserted a mag into chassis and noticed that the mag was not seated flush with both the front/rear chassis relief grooves.

Checked the inside of magwell and noticed a slight burr at front of magwell caused by front lip of mag while trying to insert it. Used a machinists file and removed the burr. Inserted mag and it still wasn't seated flush.

Loosened triggerguard screw (blue arrow in photo below and slid triggerguard rearward as far as it would go) reinserted a mag and this time it seated flush with bottom of the relief grooves. (Red arrows in photos below). Tightened screw with mag inserted and reinstalled barreled action to test. That 1/8" was all that was need to ensure proper function. The mags insert, feed, and drop freely with no excessive wobble/movement.

P1170589.JPG

P1170590.JPG

So if feeding issues with a Bravo, make sure that TG is in rearward position before you start bending the heck out of your feed lips and or smacking that mag in hard with your palm. I guess this holds true with most actions/chassis/ stocks. Make sure mag lips are flush with top of mag well and or bottom metal. If the feed lips are more than several thousands difference across from front to back they may need some adjustment but more important to check proper seating first. Lightly sanding with fine emery on inside edge of feed lip also helps to prevent scratching of your brass.

** Also, if you install a spigot on the Long Action M700 Bravo, make sure that the front action screw has two washers before you re-install plastic to capture it.

TM6

I use the Accurate Mag 3.850" mag in my LA Bravo (ultra-mag). I must have gotten lucky, plopped right in and feeds just fine. Still, good info to keep in the back of my head.

t

Reactions: stanley_white