• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Ckye Pod PRS Short vs Standard

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I'm coming from running a Thunderbeast / Atlas and I've generally always run it with 2-3 extensions out so I was considering that the Standard might be okay and not too tall for my needs. I know that I could always swap the legs to wide profile or 45 degree to get less height.

I was just curious if anyone has found any pros/cons to going one way or another. They're the same price.

Thanks!

Reactions: Badjujuu
    short for positional stuff, like shooting off tires, rocks, barrels, etc...

standard for prone and general purpose

I ran a standard exclusively until about 2 months ago when there was a mini rock stage,
    and the standard was too wide at the standard position, and too tall with the legs brought in
    switched to the PRS since then,

I ran a standard exclusively until about 2 months ago when there was a mini rock stage,
    and the standard was too wide at the standard position, and too tall with the legs brought in

Have you found yourself wanting to switch back to Standard for any stages? So between the two, you'd choose Short if you could only have 1?

so far no, haven't found anything I would absolutely need the standard for.

Maybe going edge to edge on a really wide tire, or going kneeling with the legs fully extended.

I sold the standard to a friend, and got a triple pull in it's place

Maybe going edge to edge on a really wide tire, or going kneeling with the legs fully extended.

Thanks I'll look at ordering a PRS Short version then.

I have the standard, and want to get a set or prs length legs, and MDT won't od it. Kinda BS! They said I'll just have to buy a other one. I've only spent a couple grand on mdt chassis and magazines, and zero desire to help a dude out.

likely cause the legs are majority of the price

I think it’s always been like that, even when it was under ckye/406 bullets

this

and this

Also Ckye did indeed sell the short legs separately. I don't think he has any inventory left but honestly I like having both so I literally carry both in my pack.

If I had to pick I would pick the short. you can always add your atlas extensions if you need extra. and honestly ive nvr used the short with the legs fully extended in a PRS match. only field matches do you need the extra height.

GL
    DT

Have you switched back since?