• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Cyke Pod Double Pull Standard vs Light Weight Comparison

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,

I am looking to buy the MDT cyke pod for my hunting and match setup. I have a lightweight configuration with a suppressor, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

After conducting some research, I believe that a double pull MDT will be the best all-around workhorse for my needs. However, I have come across two models of the double pull: standard and lightweight. I'm curious to know the weight difference between the two models. Additionally, I would like to understand what features are sacrificed when opting for the lightweight configuration. Are these lost features critical? Any insights from someone who has experience with both models would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Harjeet

They list it all on the website basically (website won’t let me copy pics on my phone?) but it’s got titanium hardware, it’s lost the barricade stop to loose a big chuck of metal, it’s got legs that are scalloped out to reduce weight vs the full diameter everywhere of the standard, just generally trimmed up.

If you aren’t using a 25lb comp rifle the light weight should be just fine.

They list it all on the website basically (website won’t let me copy pics on my phone?) but it’s got titanium hardware, it’s lost the barricade stop to loose a big chuck of metal, it’s got legs that are scalloped out to reduce weight vs the full diameter everywhere of the standard, just generally trimmed up.

If you aren’t using a 25lb comp rifle the light weight should be just fine.
Are there any compromises in terms of different positions that the rifle can allow for swiveling, etc.? I'm also interested in understanding the weight difference. The website is not very specific or clear on that.

Are there any compromises in terms of different positions that the rifle can allow for swiveling, etc.? I'm also interested in understanding the weight difference. The website is not very specific or clear on that.
No, it’s got the same folded, 45 and upright positions with the same three stance widths. Same cant and pan range.

Should be about 7 ounces in bipod alone but your choice of attachment head is the largest variable in weight.

Reactions: harry_x1
Thanks both. I was looking at incorrect pages. The website does have weight listed. At minimum 7 ounces, which is significant. Thanks again.