• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Cykepod lightweight

Jlcichocki

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2019
Wisconsin
I currently have an Accu-tac bipod with the picatinny mount that I actually like quite a bit. The Accu-tac doesn’t fit on my MDT chassis, so I ordered the arca adaptor quite a while ago And am still waiting. I’m growing into the PRS game and loving it. So, I borrowed an Atlas bipod with the RRS quick disconnect. I’m not a huge Atlas fan but the RRS clamp is awesome. It doesn’t appear that Accu-tac has a RRS interface, huge mistake IMO. So, I’m looking at purchasing the Cykepod. Two questions: 1. single pull (not PRS) or double pull? I’ve only shot in two matches and it looked like most of the bipods were single pull. 2. regular or lightweight? I can see the benefits of the lightweight model if I cross over to hunting, but my main focus is PRS. Thanks for the assistance.

Jeff

I’d go double. after having a single (non PRS), double, and triple, and using them all in PRS matches the double is the best if you’re only getting one. Collapsed it’s the same length as a regular single pull, and it might not look like much but those extra 3” actually make a good bit of difference when you need it. And I’ve used my double for NRLH as well. Invaluable tool.

Reactions: 96C and Jlcichocki
I’d go double. after having a single (non PRS), double, and triple, and using them all in PRS matches the double is the best if you’re only getting one. Collapsed it’s the same length as a regular single pull, and it might not look like much but those extra 3” actually make a good bit of difference when you need it. And I’ve used my double for NRLH as well. Invaluable tool.
Thanks your thoughts are much appreciated. Any wisdom on the lightweight version? Thx!!

I saw the light weight at SHOT and they were nice. I haven’t used one yet but honestly if there’s a chance you’re going to use it for crossover for hunting or NRLH then I’d probably go lightweight double for 1 bipod solution.

Reactions: Jlcichocki
Another vote for the double. Using it next to a lot of single pulls, I don't really notice any difference in how we operate. Being able to go double is an advantage. As a hunter I know i can get behind the rifle on the side of a hill.

Curious to hear more on the triple pull. How stable do you find it, especially on the longer adjustments?

If you can wait to November, they will be about 40% off on black Friday. Otherwise the double is the one to buy or a TBAC. Alot of guys are dumping the ckye and going TBAC. Its a really nice Bipod and about $400. Its more stable.

For NRL hunter I would go with the Triple. Being able to sit/kneel with tripod rear is a huge advantage.