• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing MDT Extended & lateral adjustable cheek piece

WhiteDingo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2010
Cogan Station, PA
Buddy recently got a MDT folder setup on his Savage 223, and was having eye relief issues with his Nikon FX1000.

Obviously the LOP with an LSS+Folder+SRS Lite is pretty huge, but it was usable with the scope all the way rearward, plus he didn't want to ditch the folding knuckle he just spent $200 on. The issue was the factory cheek piece was too short, and notched in the front for a bolt, which definitely isn't needed with a 15 1/4" LOP
So I borrowed the factory piece and roughed out a replacement in Fusion for him, and ran it on my Ender 3. Seems to do the job well enough, and being a new part I added .6" of lateral adjustment (.3" off center either way). Attached using the factory screws.

We may still have to replace the factory recoil pad with a plate to trim down that LOP slightly, but at least he can shoot the rifle now.

The factory cheek piece was about 4.7", new one is right at 6", all extended forward.
I'm going to notch the front bottom corners to clear the bolt handle a little better when folded, but I'm happy to provide the STL to anyone that wants to have one of their own.

IMG_20210227_180555378~2.jpg

IMG_20210227_180549157~2.jpg

Reactions: grizzaws