• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mdt folding adapter on XLR envy pro?

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 21, 2017
    Brighton, MI
    I got an xlr envy pro on its way and am planning to get a short c6 buttstock, with the end goal of doing a folder. I have had the xlr folding adapter and a folding hnt26 chassis. I prefer the mdt with the ability to lock in the folder position.

Has anyone put a mdt folder on an xlr and how did it work/look?

I got an xlr envy pro on its way and am planning to get a short c6 buttstock, with the end goal of doing a folder. I have had the xlr folding adapter and a folding hnt26 chassis. I prefer the mdt with the ability to lock in the folder position.

Was thinking of doing something similar. I bought the SB tactical folding adapter. Only adds 1.1" & locks in folded position.
    Might be worth a look.

This one.

I was looking at that one as well, but saw a good amount of negative feedback. Does yours lockup good with any wiggle?

I mocked it up on a MDT LSS XL with the MDT Skeleton Carbine stock. It locks nice when folded. Extended I would say it’s fairly tight. I don’t have any other folder to compare to. It does have a little play, but if I apply good fundamentals it wouldn’t be an issue. Load bi pod & load stock in pocket no play. If you were to shoot with light pressure on the shoulder pocket ie free recoil, it may be annoying.
    I like that its reversable and very compact.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
    My MDT folder locks up like a vault when it's extended, but I can't speak to how it interchanges with other manufacturers chassis systems

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
    Hey @Usmcsomerville thanks for considering our folding stock adapter! One thing to note is that the design on the adaptor is different to what we do on the HNT-26 folding stock, however, their function is very similar. On the HNT-26 we use the same interface as we do on the ACC and ESS Chassis, which we call our XTN interface, giving us the opportunity to integrate the folder in a bit more of a streamlined manner. With the folding stock adapter, we are a little more limited by the buffer tube layout and have had to offset the hinge and change the lockup method from what we developed on the XTN folding stocks.

Long story short, it should work just fine, but it might feel and look a little different to your HNT folding stock.

- Josh

Curious what you ended up with.

I set one up on my XLR and it worked fine. It locks up better than the XLR.
    Which configuration did you get? ie folder stock adapter interface and locking.