• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT folding stock adaptor LOP effect?

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
I picked up a LSS-RF and a LSS-XL G2 on their sale. I was looking at stock options that would allow a folder. The Carbine-Carbine type adds 1.75inches. I seem to remember seeing that for their stocks built on carbine buffer tubes, that there were different lengths, but I don’t see that anymore?

If you are going to use those chassis with a folder mechanism, how do you have a shorter end of the LOP? DO they make different length tubes? I like a shorter end of the LOP

I think they have a shorter length skeleton butt stock that will shorten LOP

Contact MDT to verify, but I was told they no longer sell the shorter buffer tube and they recommended cutting the tube. XLR sells a shorter buffer tube, but I'm not sure if the tube diameter is the same as MDT's stock.

YES! The Dremel tool to the rescue again!!!! I’ll check with MDT. I was surprised that I didn’t find an entry in their FAQ.

Hey everyone!

First of all, thanks for your purchase, we appreciate your business and support! We used to sell the SCS buttstocks in 4 lengths from 8.75"-11.75" lengths, in Black and FDE, so 8 sku's :( Unfortunately we decided to slim that down and only offer the 9.75" (I believe) length as it sold head and shoulders above the other three variants! As far as I know, we don't offer the other buffer tube lengths, but we do offer our standard buffer tube for "fixed stocks" which can also be trimmed down!

Additionally, a quick email to [email protected] could help clarify things further!

Hope this helps,
Josh