• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT HNT26 Comb adjustment???

JjR83

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2022
Hanko, Finland
Can anyone help me? Just got my MDT HNT26(Black, Tikka T3x SA, Non Arca, Folding)stock in my hands after 4 long months of waiting..And I'm embarrassed to admit that I do not understand how to adjust the cheek comb!!:):):)

THX..:)

Just loosen the two Allen screws and slide it in place and then tighten it back down where you want

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 88
THANK YOU! I thought it would be this simple, and IT IS!:) I inspected it with light and thought there were signs of worn/bad threads/maybe missing bolts, therefore my..."dumbness"!:)

Reactions: smokinbobf4
Can anyone help me? Just got my MDT HNT26(Black, Tikka T3x SA, Non Arca, Folding)stock in my hands after 4 long months of waiting..And I'm embarrassed to admit that I do not understand how to adjust the cheek comb!!:):):)

RTFM?

Reactions: Supersubes

When you get a few rounds thru it could you give a report on it?

I can say that I love the chassis. I think it is the ideal backpacking adjustable chassis. I don’t have a ton of rounds through mine yet and the only thing I wish it had different would be a slightly longer forend. But I feel it is a niche thing and then that would add weight. I did end up putting an elite vertical grip on and do like that more as that’s what I am used to. I do see that sometime in the near future they have a vertical carbon fiber option coming.

Attachments

• 74B14F26-0DC0-4258-A605-AF956AFF73DF.jpeg
    74B14F26-0DC0-4258-A605-AF956AFF73DF.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 127
I can say that I love the chassis. I think it is the ideal backpacking adjustable chassis. I don’t have a ton of rounds through mine yet and the only thing I wish it had different would be a slightly longer forend. But I feel it is a niche thing and then that would add weight. I did end up putting an elite vertical grip on and do like that more as that’s what I am used to. I do see that sometime in the near future they have a vertical carbon fiber option coming.
Any idea as to the total weight of your rifle with the can?

I want to say it’s about 10 lbs maybe a bit under but I can check tonight if I remember. That’s with an origin action, 20” proof sendero, mark 5 3.6-18, and a varminter 4.0 suppressor in the 9” configuration.

Thanks. All is helpful. Really debating one hard. Just haven't been able to make
Myself spend that much.
I was on the fence for quite awhile and am really glad I spent the money. The problem now is I want one for another rifle!

Thanks. All is helpful. Really debating one hard. Just haven't been able to make
Myself spend that much.
The way I look at it is I cant get anywhere near the HNT weight with all the included features. The lightest of the conventional carbon shell stocks either cant have any adjustment, wont fold, and in any case gets way heavier than this. Xlr is probably the nearest competitor, and its slightly heavier with nowhere near as aesthetics. Just never been a fan of those. I dont regret the HNT one bit. Ive got a lone peak razor with a 20” carbon proof (6.5)and Vortex LHT 4.5-22 that weighs 7 lb 12 oz without the tbac ultra 7. Shoots fricken great too.
9ED843EE-270B-49F3-956B-BB8A822B70FC.jpeg

Last edited:
On the contrary, can someone w/ some materials knowledge guesstimate how much an additional 3" of forend would weigh? Wondering if its not more of stability/flex issue?

On the contrary, can someone w/ some materials knowledge guesstimate how much an additional 3" of forend would weigh? Wondering if its not more of stability/flex issue?
I mentioned making a longer forend the other day and was told it was more of a stability/flex issue than adding extra weight. It may nonetheless be a possibility.

As an added data point, a folder with integral arca weighs: 29.28oz with action screws and I love mine...