• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Howa Mini Magazines and Howa Mini Bottom Metal

MDT_OFFICIAL

Official Account of Modular Driven Technologies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2019
mdttac.com
MDT Sporting Goods Ltd. Announces Their New Howa Mini Straight-Fit Magazines and the new Howa Mini Bottom Metal.

Now available for Howa Mini owners. We're releasing 10-round magazines that feed reliably from your factory Howa Mini stock. Variants are available for all 3 Howa Mini calibers including .223, 7.62x39, and 6.5 Grendel. They are compatible with any MDT chassis and most other aftermarket stocks or chassis. Constructed as an aluminum upper with a polymer lower for durability.

50e5136a-1246-480a-bcc2-16d254ee8cf8.jpeg

Our new MDT Howa Mini aluminum bottom metal is a simple bolt-in upgrade over the factory polymer bottom metal. It enables you to torque your action screws down properly without cracking the bottom metal which allows for more repeatable accuracy. The mag latch is also moved to the rear of the magazine which prevents accidental mag release when maneuvering the forend.

85e4f1c5-6ce4-4482-8d30-31af24e033c2.jpeg

The MDT Howa Mini Straight-Fit Magazine is now available with a starting price of $119.95 USD and can be found at https://mdttac.com/mdt-howa-mini-straight-fit-magazine-10-rnd/.
The MDT Howa Mini Bottom Metal is available at a price of $179.95 USD. and can be found at https://mdttac.com/mdt-howa-mini-bottom-metal/

Take my money now!

A factory short action in 6mm ARC would make for a nice beginner's match rifle now with the 10 round mags.

Update: Received my email from MDT 5/4 item shipped-delivery scheduled for 5/11- on 5/5 UPS updates scheduled delivery now arriving on 5/12 this afternoon the brown truck rolls past and keeps on rolling-email update from 5/12 delivery rescheduled for 5/15.
Sign of the times we are living in, wonder if UPS is fucking around with orders that originate with anything to do with the firearms industry. It appears this package has been in Jacksonville FL for a few days now.

Update: Received my email from MDT 5/4 item shipped-delivery scheduled for 5/11- on 5/5 UPS updates scheduled delivery now arriving on 5/12 this afternoon the brown truck rolls past and keeps on rolling-email update from 5/12 delivery rescheduled for 5/15.
Sign of the times we are living in, wonder if UPS is fucking around with orders that originate with anything to do with the firearms industry. It appears this package has been in Jacksonville FL for a few days now.
Any update yet? Sometimes it happens.

-Anthony

Any update yet? Sometimes it happens.

-Anthony
Apologies for the delayed response; package was delivered Monday afternoon had the neighbor hold it, back home and retrieved package, everything looks fine packaging was damage free, will try to for Tuesday swap out trigger guard, playing catch up around the yard.

What can happen is whoever loaded the truck made a mistake. At work, we were waiting for a delivery of items in a box that would about 18 inches by 18 inches by 12 inches. I was about to leave and saw the UPS truck in the street. His handheld computer showed that he was supposed to have it but it was nowhere on his truck and he was near the end of that route, so, it would not have been overlooked.

So, no, probably not political equine feces from UPS. Just a Homer Simpson "doh" moment.

MDT Sporting Goods Ltd. Announces Their New Howa Mini Straight-Fit Magazines and the new Howa Mini Bottom Metal.

Now available for Howa Mini owners. We're releasing 10-round magazines that feed reliably from your factory Howa Mini stock. Variants are available for all 3 Howa Mini calibers including .223, 7.62x39, and 6.5 Grendel. They are compatible with any MDT chassis and most other aftermarket stocks or chassis. Constructed as an aluminum upper with a polymer lower for durability.

View attachment 8133177

Our new MDT Howa Mini aluminum bottom metal is a simple bolt-in upgrade over the factory polymer bottom metal. It enables you to torque your action screws down properly without cracking the bottom metal which allows for more repeatable accuracy. The mag latch is also moved to the rear of the magazine which prevents accidental mag release when maneuvering the forend.

View attachment 8133178

The MDT Howa Mini Straight-Fit Magazine is now available with a starting price of $119.95 USD and can be found at https://mdttac.com/mdt-howa-mini-straight-fit-magazine-10-rnd/.
The MDT Howa Mini Bottom Metal is available at a price of $179.95 USD. and can be found at https://mdttac.com/mdt-howa-mini-bottom-metal/
How many rounds does the 223 hold since the standard mini action mag already holds 10 does this hold 15-20 then?

Well thats a rip, I've had no issues with the standard howa mags other than the grendels capacity. Do you run the MDT mini 223 mag?

Does anyone do the howa mini magazine mods (to make it fit flush with the action). I would be happy to compenstate if anyone can do.....

Guys, it's a great product. But have you done any actual testing? I have to really put a considerable amount of force on the bolt in order to slide a round out of the mag and into the chamber. I've noticed it helps if I smack forward the rear of the bolt hard in an attempt to load a round.

Also, are there any plans to do a mag that fits flush with the bottom of the bottom metal/trigger guard? It would be nice to have 4 or 5 rounders.

Overall, decent product, just the mags are way on the expensive side.

20231226_133204.jpg
20231226_133032.jpg

Yes, we did testing, but admittedly, there are variances between chassis and stocks, which create issues. We've actually discontinued the straight-fit magazines for the time being. We will see what the future holds for them.

We did offer ones for the factory stock, but they have also been discontinued.

Reactions: blkqi
Yes, we did testing, but admittedly, there are variances between chassis and stocks, which create issues. We've actually discontinued the straight-fit magazines for the time being. We will see what the future holds for them.

We did offer ones for the factory stock, but they have also been discontinued.

Which are the straight fit mags you guys discontinued? Are they the ones like on the pictures I posted above?

The variances are real. I ordered an Atlasworxs DBM and it impinges on the trigger shoe in my Howa 1500 SA with the stock HACT trigger. The manufacturer was dumbfounded.

Which are the straight fit mags you guys discontinued? Are they the ones like on the pictures I posted above?
Yes, it was the magazine you have in the picture and all variants of it.

-Anthony