• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT LSS-XL arca rail question

Beezer911

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
Midwest
Hey everyone,
Question for those who have experience with the Gen 2 MDT LSS-XL chassis. I have one shipping in a couple weeks or so. I’m going to put an arca rail on it as all of my bipods and my tripod are set up for arca.

My issue is trying to figure out what length rail to buy. I could wait will I get the chassis to see exactly how long / flat / etc the bottom of the fore end is, but that will take more time (I won’t receive the chassis for another 3 weeks or so) and I’m worried about things selling out for the holidays.

That said - what length rail have you put on yours? I’d like it to be full length to get the bipod as far forward as possible and not have a big gap back by the mag well housing. The pics on MDT show gaps both front and rear which I want to avoid.

Lastly, given the lack of a spigot attachment / adapter for the LSS-XL, I was also thinking of having a rail that overhangs the front of the chassis to get the bipod a few inches further forward. Anyone done this and had success or issues?

Thx!

1667492743808.png

Id get the area 419 uiniversal, its flat on the back so you can slide it whereever you want and just use the mlock backer nuts to hold it in place vs the "mlock" rail which has the nubs that force it into a slot particular location.
1667492950910.png

Reactions: Beezer911