• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Medium Action Mag for SA cartridge?

Good Boi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2019
Sadly, California.
I was thinking of putting a 7 SAUM or 7/6.5 PRC barrel on a Zermatt medium action. Additionally, I was curious if I could potentially swap out the barrel for a 6.5 CM or 308 barrel, change the bolt face, and run a short action cartridge using MDT's 30.06 medium action mags. There would be about 0.3" or less extra room in the medium mag based on my current 6.5 CM 140gr Berger rounds. Do you guys think I'd be fine or would I run into a lot of feeding issues?

I was thinking of putting a 7 SAUM or 7/6.5 PRC barrel on a Zermatt medium action. Additionally, I was curious if I could potentially swap out the barrel for a 6.5 CM or 308 barrel, change the bolt face, and run a short action cartridge using MDT's 30.06 medium action mags. There would be about 0.3" or less extra room in the medium mag based on my current 6.5 CM 140gr Berger rounds. Do you guys think I'd be fine or would I run into a lot of feeding issues?
Just take a medium magazine and adjust feed lips and you should be good. A 10rd prc magazine will likely hold 12-13 creed cases.