• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Oryx Chassis 6.5 CM Magazine/Feeding Problems

USMC8551

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2024
Wisconsin
Hi all,

I just got the Oryx chassis for my Tikka T3x set up. I have an MDT magazine, having hoped to avoid feed issues.

It's a 10-round magazine. Metal. AICS. Without a binder plate. .

The first thing I noticed is that I can't load more than 4 or 5 rounds in the magazine at all. They simply won't seat. It's like it's a 3 round magazine, not 10.

Second thing I noticed is it won't feed correctly. The rounds point angled down the feed ramp. I have to reach in the chamber and physically press the top of the rounds to get them to spring up and be able to feed. I tried adjusting the feed lips, thinking that might be the issue, but it doesn't appear to have helped.

Third thing I noticed is the rounds seem to be a long way away from the feed ramp. They will cycle with the bolt, but it seems like a lot of travel to the feed ramp.

Any experience with this or thoughts on how to correct it? I haven't had an issue like this before. I've really only encountered rounds seated low, and I adjust the feed lips and then they cycle fine.

I attached a video (gif since we can't upload video extensions) that hopefully shows a little of what I'm talking about.

IMG_5031.gif