• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Oryx Chassis

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, so today I recorded a podcast with MDT and Howa and they let me know about the Oryx Chassis

Oryx Chassis Website

This chassis system will come in at $399 and hits a lot of marks for the money.

oryx-chassis-full-vertical_1.jpg

oryx-chassis-hero-on-rocks_2.jpg

Looks nice.

Did they give a weight? I`m looking for a chassis for a Remington and a friend for a tikka.

I`m on a crappy cell are the panels tan or silver?

I wondered if the HS3 was going to get the update treatment like the LSS and lo and behold. Looks like they made one heck of a better mousetrap at that price point.

Looks nice.

Did they give a weight? I`m looking for a chassis for a Remington and a friend for a tikka.

I`m on a crappy cell are the panels tan or silver?
    It's tan I believe and no I am not sure of the weight

The side panels will all be green and the base is solid black. Rough weight (as it will change from inlet to inlet) is 4.0-4.5lbs for the base, trigger guard, buttstock and grip!

@MDT_Josh did you guys design out the need to mill out the rear of the bottom of the Howa action to accept AICS magazines on this chassis and the new competition chassis?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    There are very few chassis that I like the look of. This one looks really really good. I wonder if it will come in a foldable stock?

Reactions: 105gr
    Nice to see you covering a wide range of actions.

What mags will the Howa mini action take?

There are very few chassis that I like the look of. This one looks really really good. I wonder if it will come in a foldable stock?

Good to hear @Kickin45 ! I don't think there'll be a folding stock anytime soon as the whole "backbone" is one piece.

Nice to see you covering a wide range of actions.

What mags will the Howa mini action take?

Yeah, the inlet list is constantly growing! The magazines are yet to be announced ;)

Are there provisions for a sling and does the front have a way to mount a pic rail for a bipod?

There is a full range of m-lok slots on the underside of the forend where you could mount an m-lok sling swivel stud or m-lok QD sling mount. You could also mount an m-lok picatinny rail for a bipod under there too!

@MDT_Josh Thank you for the responses. I hope you'll entertain a couple more questions.

- Do you know of any plans to create replacement side panels to add functionality or alter ergos?
    - Do you know why this is branded independently from the other MDT chassis?

Last edited:
    Will this have any love for the popular Bergara HMR actions?

@MDT_Josh Thank you for the responses. I hope you'll entertain a couple more questions.

- Do you know of any plans to create replacement side panels to add functionality or alter ergos?
    - Do you know why this is branded independently from the other MDT chassis?

No worries and I am happy to answer them. It's been hard to keep quiet about this chassis for so long!

- There are no plans currently for any interchangeable side panels, but this project just started, so who knows what crazy stuff is coming!

- To be honest, it's not really something I know too much about. On the design end of things, this project started in a different direction, but marketing and sales helped push it to where it is now :) Our team works hard to put out the best products to help everyone Shoot Better, but for more information, you could always contact our support team!

Reactions: Bayhawk21
    Good to hear @Kickin45 ! I don't think there'll be a folding stock anytime soon as the whole "backbone" is one piece.

Yeah, the inlet list is constantly growing! The magazines are yet to be announced ;)

There is a full range of m-lok slots on the underside of the forend where you could mount an m-lok sling swivel stud or m-lok QD sling mount. You could also mount an m-lok picatinny rail for a bipod under there too!
    Any pictures of the underside of the fore grip ?

Have you tried any of the mdt arca rails on there?
    That's what I was curious about also......
    The 3.3" M-Lok Arca/RRS adapter will fit almost anywhere along the forend, but it was never designed with the arca/RRS dovetail in mind. There is a slight slant in the forend ~6" back from the forend that makes free-hand shooting more comfortable, but will interfere with longer accessoires (7"+ Arca/RRS adapters).

Reactions: Rover31
    I'm wanting something for my Ruger American Ranch .300 Blackout with detachable AR mags. I've emailed back and forth with Anthony and am awaiting the "LSS-XL Gen 2 Ruger American AR" (well...that and some MONEY since I'm ordering another chassis for another project on Black Friday) but to be clear this one will not fit the RARR with detachable mag(?)

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    I'm wanting something for my Ruger American Ranch .300 Blackout with detachable AR mags. I've emailed back and forth with Anthony and am awaiting the "LSS-XL Gen 2 Ruger American AR" (well...that and some MONEY since I'm ordering another chassis for another project on Black Friday) but to be clear this one will not fit the RARR with detachable mag(?)
    Glad to hear your interest! The Ruger American that is for pre-order on the Oryx Chassis Website is designed for AICS pattern mags. The XL Gen2 variant for the AR mags is brand new for us and if there is enough demand, there may be an inlet for the Oryx too?