• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Picatinny won´t fit on Bergara Premier Action

Lawyer

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2017
Frankonia, Germany
Good Evening,

this Tuesday i got my new Bergara B14 Premier Elite Rifle and Today i received a 20 MOA MDT Picatinny Rail.
I went on to install the Rail on the Action but it would not fit.
Bergara Action and the Rail are Short Action.

My Problem is, the two Screws in the rear are fine and fit, but the two towards the Muzzle won´t fit.
The Foremost may fit, but as soon as it grabs the Thread, it is at an angle and crooked.
If i screw it in, i´m pretty sure i will damage the Thread on the Screw or the Action, maybe both.
Damaged Threads on a new Action would be a worst case scenario.

The second screw on the Front is Offset, by looking at it, i would guess by around 0.04"
Since i have a B14R with the same rail, i took off the Scope and Rail, put it on the Premier Action, same scenario.
The Back fits nicely, the foremost angled and crooked, the second one offset.

I already wrote to both companies, but i wanted to hear if anyone ever had the same Problem.
At this Point, i can´t say if is a Problem with the Rail or the Action.
My guess is the Action, since the two screws in the Back fit perfect and the recoil lug of the Pica Rail is in place, too.
The integrated Recoil Lug on the MDT Rail is great and is the reason, i want to use it.

Does anybody ever had or heared of this Problem ?

My B14R .22 has its screws aligned linearly, just at an angle way off to the right by >10moa.

I would not be surprised if
1) The problem is with your Bergara
2) MDT jumps through hoops to solve a problem that (probably) isn’t theirs

Edit just reread & saw you have the same problem on a different rifle. It could be the rail. The rail on my B14R is a Seekins FWIW

Nah, i switched the Rail from my B14R to the Premier Action and with both rails its the same Problem.
Both Rail fit on the B14R, none fit the Premier. Since the B14R uses the smaller Diameter 6-48 screws, there is room for play/errors, but the Premier uses the bigger 8-40 Screws, which leaves no room for errors.

I´m guessing that the Problem is the Action, but i don´t get why. If they drill it in the CNC, how can one hole slightly be off, the second one about 0.04" ?

Bergara got in contact with me this morning and did send me a Blueprint.
I´ve measured the distances with a Caliper and screws in the holes and it turns out, one distance is off by around 0,0196" and the other one around 0,00787"
Doesn´t seem that much, but it is enough that the Rail won´t align with the holes and threads.

Stuff like that shouldn´t happen, but it has and as of right now, contact with Bergara is good and response on Mail is fast.

I let you know, how we will proceed, i´ve got a good feeling that they will find a solution with a positive outcome