• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT-style “flush” magazine for 6.5 PRC?

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Interested in a 6.5 PRC magazine that’ll nestle inside an AICS-pattern mag well (specifically, an MPA chassis) like the one MDT makes for 308 (link below). Hawkins I don’t think will work, I think the lip will bottom out on the mag well before locking in, although if I’m wrong then great.

Anybody aware of a 6.5 PRC AICS-pattern mag that will fit fully inside (or perfectly flush with) an MPA Ultra Lite chassis?

I think the Hawkins will work. I dont believe they were designed for any specific stock. There are pics here of guys using them in the HNT 26 chassis, and all the protrudes is the base plate. Mags you linked above flush fit in that chassis.

Some bottom metal with skirts obviously wont work.

I think the Hawkins will work. I dont believe they were designed for any specific stock. There are pics here of guys using them in the HNT 26 chassis, and all the protrudes is the base plate. Mags you linked above flush fit in that chassis.

Some bottom metal with skirts obviously wont work.
    The Hawkins states that they were designed for flush DBM; I don’t think the MPA mag well will work, it protrudes about 5/8” down from the integral rail, and I don’t want to drop $120 on a Hawkins just to be wrong 😅

Reactions: Supersubes
    The Hawkins states that they were designed for flush DBM; I don’t think the MPA mag well will work, it protrudes about 5/8” down from the integral rail, and I don’t want to drop $120 on a Hawkins just to be wrong 😅
    Flush is relative I guess. Their fat base plate wont fit inside any magwell I know of.

I run the Hawkins on my 6.5 PRC w/ MPA ultra light. Functions great, it's not perfectly flush but close enough for me. ( I don't have the action moved over just took a quick pic, works fine with an Impact)

hawkins3.jpg

• Love
    Reactions: KnowNothing256
    I wish Hawkins hunter mags worked in the xlr element 4.0 magnesium chassis!