• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT TAC-21 Gen 2 Scope Mounting

WestDesertPRS

Sergeant of Marines
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Looking for some 1st-hand info from anyone that uses / has used a TAC-21.

The rifle is going to be built on an Origin LA. I'm interested in using the TAC-21 but I'm concerned about the optic holding zero. Since the receiver is mounted inside the chassis, and the optic mounts to the chassis, it seems like there is potential for movement / loss of zero between the receiver and chassis.

I went into this project with plans for something basic (KRG Bravo / Origin / prefit barrel) and my plans have morphed since then. Caliber is likely to be 7PRC and it'll be built for stationary long range shooting so weight isn't too much of a concern to me.

My friend has been shooting his for around 10 years.
The biggest negative I find with the Tac21 is that you need to use extra high rings when using a large scope and it barely clears.
Here is a picture of my friends rifle with a Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 in the background.
My MDT ACC Premiere is in the foreground.
It's a far better system and is infinitely more adjustable as far as weight distribution goes.
It also has a built in ARCA rail.

Last edited:
Looking for some 1st-hand info from anyone that uses / has used a TAC-21.

The rifle is going to be built on an Origin LA. I'm interested in using the TAC-21 but I'm concerned about the optic holding zero. Since the receiver is mounted inside the chassis, and the optic mounts to the chassis, it seems like there is potential for movement / loss of zero between the receiver and chassis.

I went into this project with plans for something basic (KRG Bravo / Origin / prefit barrel) and my plans have morphed since then. Caliber is likely to be 7PRC and it'll be built for stationary long range shooting so weight isn't too much of a concern to me.

Man I'd pick something different. So many better options today.......