• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Tactical. Good company?

Steelsmasher71

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2022
Michigan
I purchased a chassis from MDT Tactical. I ordered an Oryx chassis as the frame for my "budget" precision rifle build under $1500, inlet cut for a Remington 783 SA. They ended up sending me an Oryx chassis for a Howa mini action Youth model. I have made several phone calls and several emails. So far, I have not heard anything back. Just wondering if anybody else has encountered any customer service issues?

I’ve had good experiences dealing with them, and have owned multiple ACCs, at least half a dozen mags, and little accessories. They just had their largest sale of the year, so I’d imagine they are a bit backed up.

Submit a request in their help portal (or whatever they call it) on their website is probably the best bet right now.

@MDT_OFFICIAL
@MDT_Josh

Reactions: Simonsza1
So far, I have not heard anything back. Just wondering if anybody else has encountered any customer service issues?
Probably swamped with backoffice from black friday, and the general holiday season. MDT has alot invested in the community, I don't view them as likely to not respond to legitimate inquires. Just be patient to the extent practicable.

I agree, they’re probably swamped at the moment with holiday sales but so far I’ve had good CS from them. I’ve been corresponding with Josh from MDT on here and sometimes it’s taken some time to get back to me but he’s always gotten back to me.

BTW I have an Oryx for my 783 also, it’s a worthy upgrade.

Thanks for the tags all and @Steelsmasher71 we will for sure make things right! I am not sure what went wrong there and how we sent you the wrong chassis, however, I can confirm that we are very much still playing catch-up from Black Friday! Please contact our support team directly at 1-604-393-0800 (8am-4pm PST), [email protected] or via the support portal on our website!

Sorry that we screwed that up and we'll do what we can to fix it for you!
- Josh

Thanks for the tags all and @Steelsmasher71 we will for sure make things right! I am not sure what went wrong there and how we sent you the wrong chassis, however, I can confirm that we are very much still playing catch-up from Black Friday! Please contact our support team directly at 1-604-393-0800 (8am-4pm PST), [email protected] or via the support portal on our website!

Sorry that we screwed that up and we'll do what we can to fix it for you!
Well... Everyone was absolutely correct! MDT is most definitely a good company. Since my original post, MDT has sent confirmation of a new chassis on its way. I appreciate the Hide community and would like to give Josh at MDT a personal thanks, so thank you Josh! I will keep my Precision build progress posted featuring the MDT Oryx. Thank you again to everyone.

Well... Everyone was absolutely correct! MDT is most definitely a good company. Since my original post, MDT has sent confirmation of a new chassis on its way. I appreciate the Hide community and would like to give Josh at MDT a personal thanks, so thank you Josh! I will keep my Precision build progress posted featuring the MDT Oryx. Thank you again to everyone.
You're very welcome and I am happy we got that sorted out for you!

- Josh

I’d like them even more if I didn’t have to wait another week for my chassis to get delivered. The barreled action, scope, and mount got here last week… all ordered after the chassis.

I have no patience. 😑

MDT is a great supporter of our community. Never hesitate to recommend them

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I would additionally like to personally thank Oliver, Paige and Anthony from MDT as well. They may not get to see this, but they too were a huge help in getting my situation taken care of. I wish all companies treated me the way MDT has. They have earned a huge fan and lifetime customer.

Paige helped me with a problem on a chassis as well.
Wasn't even there fault and they still helped with the problem.
Mdtwill always get my business

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Thank you so much for the kind words. But yes, we are very busy at this time; we will get back to everyone as soon as we can.

-Anthony

Thank you so much for the kind words. But yes, we are very busy at this time; we will get back to everyone as soon as we can.

-Anthony
Where's the link for the coffee?
I bought an Oryx last year and you guys included a bag of awesome coffee, but now you're trying to keep it to yourselves.
Give up the coffee!:)

In my experience also, MDT it first class and that can be taken to the bank

Glad it was resolved quickly for all involved.

Cheers

Good company.

Finally got my BF order of 2 cip 300 prc mags and they wouldn't feed or so I thought.

Seems if using a LA Bravo with the W3 Forend,make sure the triggerguard is adjusted rearward as far as it will go or the mag will not seat properly. Holds true especially with CIP Length Mags. So before you start bending feedlips make sure mag is full seated in chassis or bottom metal.

Got a Christmas Card and chamber flag, but no coffee this time. Either way, good sale, good people, good service.

Thanks MDT Crew, Merry Christmas!

MDT

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
Bummed my chassis hasn't shipped yet, but for the price I'll patiently wait.
I sent them a note on a few things I ordered thanksgiving night, xrs in black is 1-2 weeks our grnd-pod is 8-12 weeks, like you mentioned well worth the wait

Good company.

Finally got my BF order of 2 cip 300 prc mags and they wouldn't feed or so I thought.

Seems if using a LA Bravo with the W3 Forend,make sure the triggerguard is adjusted rearward as far as it will go or the mag will not seat properly. Holds true especially with CIP Length Mags. So before you start bending feedlips make sure mag is full seated in chassis or bottom metal.

Got a Christmas Card and chamber flag, but no coffee this time. Either way, good sale, good people, good service.

Thanks MDT Crew, Merry Christmas!

MDT
I think all Bravos are like that, I had to adjust my forend on my SA one too.