• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Vertical Grip on McRee chassis

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I want to try the vertical grip from MDT. https://mdttac.com/us_en/mdt-vertical-grip.html Anyone have experience with this grip on a McRee Chassis (or other similar)? I am hoping it will slide forward enough so i can get my trigger finger in a good position (close as possible to a 90). Hard to buy these things without trying them. I wear a medium to large glove, but have shorter fingers. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have no experience with the chassis but do with the grip. The grip has quite a bit of adjustment forward which should suit you. I don’t have large hands by any means and use the grip almost all the way back on my mdt chassis.

Reactions: minn_wild1
What were your thoughts with that combo? Would like to do the same.

What were your thoughts with that combo? Would like to do the same.
The grip is a little thicker than i would like. It doesn't get my hand far enough forward. I filed down all of the sharp edges on the front of the grip between the split panels. It was annoying to have sharp plastic rubbing on my middle finger. I think i will hit it with the dremel and see what happens. It's better than the grip that came with it. Most likely would work fine for many folks.

Reactions: dski
Yea
I tuned up my MDT grip as well with a file and sand paper
I do wish it was a bit narrower.
it would be perfect then.

I have the exact issue of larger hands with medium finger length. I use the ergo grips TDX-0 on my Mcrees G10. I love that grip
20200104_115329.jpg

Are the TDX rubber overmolded?

I just grabbed my rifle...maybe some rubber on the bumped texture, but not bad like the other ergo grips

Tried several grips, had the best luck with Magpul. The MIAD grip (Green chassis) has multiple backstraps to adjust grip thickness and trigger reach. The MOE K grip (FDE chassis)is more vertical and has a shorter reach. You will have to trim the top curved portion of the grip to fit the chassis, but takes about two minutes with a Dremel.

5uKdh0sRSFu%hdIUGZhmCA.jpg