• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT XRS enclosed forened opinions

BravoXray

Odark30
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Maryland
I'm considering adding the forend on my XRS or going the KRG W3 route with forend to accommodate being able to run an elite iron bipod, on both of my rifles. The other rifle has AX chassis so thats the easy buttton.

Simply trying to find anyone that actually has the XRS enclosed forend. Whats your impression?
Any added weight? (I'm talking without the weight kit)
Any difference in length as original forend.
Does it interfere with larger objective scopes? ( vortex razor,strike eagle, USO, etc)
Any run the elite iron with MDT or KRG?
Likes/dislikes?
Photos.

Thanks.

I have the XRS chassis with the enclosed forend, it does not add any length from the original forend.
It may add approx. 1 oz of weight over the original, I'm running a Nightforce 5-25x56 with no issues, lots of room up front ahead of scope.
I'm glad I installed the enclosed forend, it gives you a place to grab the rifle and not grabbing the open barrel all the time.
I had a MDT ACC chassis and I sold it for the XRS, I like the XRS a lot better, it just seems to fit me better all around.
kenner

Reactions: TommyD11730