• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT XRS owners step inside.

Thump_rrr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
I have an MDT XRS chassis that I bought Black Friday for my CZ 457.
I’ve put a few bricks through it since then all off the bench.

Yesterday I was at the range and all of a sudden the stock felt like a wet noodle.
I always carry a FAT Wrench so I checked the torque on the action screws and they were perfect.

After a bit of poking around I removed the grip and found 2 machine screws in there.
The head takes a 3/16” Allen key which coincidentally is the same size that my Savage rifles use for their action screws.
I torqued it to 40 inch pounds and called it good. I later called MDT and the person on the other end of the line was surprised stating that those screws should be torqued to 100 inch pounds and have red Loctite on them.

You may want to check yours just in case.

Reactions: Jgore
I have 2 of these. One on a CZ 455 and the other on my 243. The one for the 243 was backordered and just showed up last week. It shipped without the magazine catch. I contacted them and they say there is one on the way to me.
It happens. Nobody is perfect.