• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT XRS Tikka T3x Inlet

newby.204

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2006
Rep of Ireland
I have a Tikka T3x CTR 20" .308, I've wanted to upgrade the factory stock for a while now. It shoots sub-moa with the right ammo, but I just don't like the OEM stock.

My budget is limited so I was looking at the Oryx initially, but the XRS isn't too much more so I think I can stretch to it.

I was looking at youtube reviews and I saw a video of a guy doing an install, with a follow up video showing that the chassis isn't fully inletted for the T3x footprint, he compares it to the OEM and GRS stock, and it has kind of thrown me off.

Heres the link to the video,

I'm just wondering is anyone running a T3x in an XRS? Have you had any issues?

I've had a Tikka T3x Varmint .223 in an XRS for about a year now and haven't had any problems. I've put around 250 rounds through it with no issues. I really like the XRS, much more so than the Bravo I had on another Tikka.

Reactions: krumfola
Read the comments on that video, guy has no clue I’m afraid. I have a Tikka T3X Super Varmint Cerakote in an XRS and it fits perfectly with no issues.

Reactions: krumfola