• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mdt XRS

ConnaB99

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2022
Canada
Hi all, looking to see if anyones got pictures of an 18” or 20” heavier contour barrelled action in an MDT XRS chassis, I don’t care what kind, just wanting to get a view on how it looks. Wanting to buy a prefit for my ruger in an XRS, and undecided if I want to go 18” or 20”. For 22-250, will be going with an 8 twist. Thanks!

18” MTU

Attachments

• IMG_5993.jpeg
    IMG_5993.jpeg
    649.2 KB · Views: 140
Here is an MDT XRS SA with a 20" Bergara B14R heavy barrel and action.

EE.jpg

I should add since it's such a short chamber it will look more like a typical 18 or 19 inch would I believe.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks! And without the brake, the barrel sticks out past the forend 5 or 6 inches or so?

Gonna go with 20” prefit.
Anyone else have pictures of a 20” heavy barrel in the XRS? Bonus if it’s carbon, extra bonus if you have the enclosed forend. Just trying to get some visuals here. Thanks!

Here is an MDT XRS SA with a 20" Bergara B14R heavy barrel and action.

View attachment 8350539

I should add since it's such a short chamber it will look more like a typical 18 or 19 inch would I believe.

Can you explain to the audience how a 20" rifle barrel, chambered in 22-250 could or would look like an 18" or 19" barrel?

IOW, how does the chambering affect the visual length of a barrel?

Reactions: ConnaB99
Gonna go with 20” prefit.
Anyone else have pictures of a 20” heavy barrel in the XRS? Bonus if it’s carbon, extra bonus if you have the enclosed forend. Just trying to get some visuals here. Thanks!
I have one with a 22 inch savage with enclosed forend if it’s something you’d like to see. Ill grab some pics this week

Here's a Kauger action in an XRS.
22" Proof, Cherry Bomb on the end.

The XRS looks best with barrels of 22" or less.

The forend is pretty short, so be aware your movements with an attached bipod will be magnified.

20220121_155118.jpg

20220121_164841.jpg

Here's a Kauger action in an XRS.
22" Proof, Cherry Bomb on the end.

The XRS looks best with barrels of 22" or less.

The forend is pretty short, so be aware your movements with an attached bipod will be magnified.

View attachment 8396913

View attachment 8396914
Looks good! And ya for sure. I just have the factory Ruger predator barrelled action in an XRS, just wanting to buy a prefit for it

Attachments

• E66499E5-BF9C-4566-BB70-A852B92A4B3F.jpeg
    E66499E5-BF9C-4566-BB70-A852B92A4B3F.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 27
Can you explain to the audience how a 20" rifle barrel, chambered in 22-250 could or would look like an 18" or 19" barrel?
I may not have been clear enough. I mean that my 20" 22lr will appear shorter than a 22-250 because the 22LR has such a short chamber. My apology for not being clear.

Refer to number 6.

6. Do I need to account for the chamber in the barrel length measurement?​

No, the chamber is not included in the barrel length measurement.

Obviously difference in opinions.

I may not have been clear enough. I mean that my 20" 22lr will appear shorter than a 22-250 because the 22LR has such a short chamber. My apology for not being clear.

The barrel length is measured from the bolt face to the crown.

It doesn't matter what a barrel is chambered in, the length of a 22" barrel is 22", not chamber plus 22"

Refer to number 6.

6. Do I need to account for the chamber in the barrel length measurement?​

No, the chamber is not included in the barrel length measurement.

Obviously difference in opinions.

Incorrect.
The method of measurement is exactly the same. Measure from the bolt face with the bolt closed to the tip of the barrel.

The easiest method is to run a cleaning rod into the barrel from the tip to the bolt face. A 22" barrel will measure 22".

A 22" 300 Remington Ultra Mag will still measure 22".

The reason the chamber is not measured is because it doesn't affect the length of the barrel in any way.

If I took a 26" 6.5 manbun and ran a 6.5-06 reamer into it, the barrel would remain at 26".