• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT's New Chassis Offering, LSS

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Just received an update from MDT http://mdttac.com

They have a new chassis similar to the TAC21, but slimmed downed and modified.

LSS Chassis 1.jpgLSS Chassis 2.jpg

More details to follow.

Now we're talking! Nice to see someone making something other than the same same and LIGHTER, making a chassis more appealing for the hunter.

That second picture of the one with the 1-4, and what appears to be a 16" barrel, looks awesome.

That to me is a very well thought out chassis system. I'm not a fan but that would convert me perhaps. I think the Magpul fixed A2 stock(I think that's it) would be perfect.

Good work MDT. Puts other chassis systems to shame with its simplicity. KISS done very well.

Glad to see you could mount your scope lower because there is no big ff tube on the front. Reasonably priced also.

I could see the folder option. For those wanting a full forend, maybe offer a modular top section that could attach to the lower via pre threaded holes. Although that may require additional height on the scope. The price is very attractive, considering what you get.

Maybe for the front section, as offered. To allow for side QD mounting, something modified to work on this, ideas:
    http://troyind.com/ /anew-products/vtac-rail-less-swivel-mount
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/keymod-qd-rl-sling-mount/
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/rotation-limited-quick-detach-sling/

Any chance for a Winchester inlet for TBM mags?

Last edited:
    If you look at them they offer a (Fixed Stock Option)for an additional $50.00. I wonder If this option is what you need for stocks like the Magpul PRS. Also wondering how the XLR Sniper stock w/ the folder option would look on this thing.

Last edited:
    I was also wondering the same thing. I was looking at the XLR stock with folding option.

Weight Breakdown

MDT LSS Chasis =1.6 lb = 25.6 oz
    XLR Standard buttstock = 24 oz
    XLR folding Option = 7 oz
    hogue overmold grip = 4 oz

total weight
    60.6 oz = 3.7875 lb w. folding
    53.6 oz = 3.35 lb w/o folding option

Other stock only weights with buffer tubes
    PRS 30.4 oz = 1.9 Lb
    CTR 12.8 oz = 0.8 Lb
    Most will use the additional CTR Riser 4 oz = 0.25 lb
    MDT CTR butt pad approx 3-4 oz
    XLR Tactical 28 oz = 1.75 lb

Thoughts?

What are some other chasis comparable weights?
    I assume that the XLR standard stock is approx $100 to $125
    The folder option is 115$

So all told the cost of my new chasis system should come in at about $640

I don't know what the standard XLR stock costs, but the XLR tactical butt stock costs $225 (non-folding)

I wonder how I could measure to see which CTR Riser I would need?

If you have a rifle now, maybe see what the measurement is from scope center line to the top of the cheekpiece. Let that be a guide to estimate the current scope height to the top of a CTR, maybe go from the scope center line to the top of the tang or bolt shroud? Or wait until you get it and build it up with whatever then measure that material.

I really like this! I can't wait for a good review. I'm thinking that a BlackFriday Rem 700 deal in .223 or .243 would be the ticket.

The MDT LSS are selling out fast 70% to 80% have been pre-ordered. (shop.redteamtactical) is offering a 10% coupon code at check out if you type in (redteam) at check out brings cost down to $360. And Free shipping over $400, so one Magazine with LSS will get you free shipping. If any one wants to save a few Bucks.

Buyer beware.

I have attempted to contact this seller numerous times and have not recieved any response as to when the item will ship buyer beware

I have attempted to contact this seller numerous times and have not recieved any response as to when the item will ship buyer beware
    Seriously ......
    I have regular contact though*
    I'm far away - in the Ukraine

Just received an update from MDT http://mdttac.com

They have a new chassis similar to the TAC21, but slimmed downed and modified.

View attachment 11876View attachment 11877

More details to follow.

Any updated info on this chassis? I am in the market for a low cost chassis and i think this one might fit my the build.

Is red team tactical a site sponsor seller? If I had to guess ancel308 is red team tactical. Just look at the contact info at the bottom of the home page it's not hard to put the two together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 26
    Last edited:
    [MENTION=56489]Ajax2112[/MENTION] Yeah, that does seem pretty fishy. . . hmmmmm. . . care to chime in [MENTION=88895]ancel308[/MENTION] ?

I like it but if the gun mounted in the picture has only a 16" barrel, then that forend is way to short. It needs to be longer.

I am still waiting. Still trying to decide which stock to use. XLR Tactical or Magpul PRS.

I am a MDT Dealer and was just updated by MDT The LSS will be shipping by the end of the week Sept 13,2013. They sold more than expected and had to make a second run. Reminder Fixed stock adaptors are 3 weeks away. New intel they are making a front rail mount for Night Vision. 10% off code (redteam)

I am a MDT Dealer and was just updated by MDT The LSS will be shipping by the end of the week Sept 13,2013. They sold more than expected and had to make a second run. Reminder Fixed stock adaptors are 3 weeks away. New intel they are making a front rail mount for Night Vision. 10% off code (redteam)

Ancel, Have the FDE on order! Woohoo! Question, going with the Magpul CTR and I have a Vortex 2.5-10x44 and Nightforce low Direct mount, any suggested cheek riser height? They have 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.

Mark

LSS are in Mark yours has been shipped heading your way. And to answer your question depends if shooting off hand, prone, and cheek weld. Custom to you and firing position. SF

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2

F'n A! I picked up a 1/2" riser to start and go back and exchange if need be. Wow, can't wait to get it. Pics will follow.

Thank you!

ancel308 do you need the fixed stock adaptor if you are putting a XLR stock on it...Cant seem to get a yes or no on this.

Shouldnt need to because it is just an AR buffer tube connecting the Stock. I got my tracking number. Will send pics when I get it in.