• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Me new 6.5saum

Scotty22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Katy, Texas USA
Just wanted to post a few pics of the new rifle I had built chambered in 6.5saum. Still has to finish the bolt handle but that's no big deal

Specs are:
Rem La mag bolt face trued and blue printed
Rock creek barrel finished at 24in, 1in at muzzle
Jewel trigger 13oz
Mcm A5a
Seekins bottom metal
CSR 4port break
All metal coated in sniper grey

m3ih5.jpg

Doesn't shoot to bad either
98660z.jpg

Last edited:
Saw your group on another thread but haven't seen the rifle that produced it - NICE! McCamo? I'm seriously considering a 6.5 saum myself so thanks for posting and helping me make an informed decision. Beauty of a gun.

Thanks Paul.
[MENTION=23408]jonthomps[/MENTION] thanks bud I appreciate it I am really happy with the build. Yes it is mcm molded camo. I stretched it out to 600 yards today and it performed flawlessly. Consistent hits on the 2-3in swinger at 600 with a slight left to right wind at about 10mph gusting 15mph

Nice rig. Like the stock too. I've never heard of the 6.5saum...how does it compare to the 6.5 creed? Faster? Hows the barrel life and what brass do you use?

[MENTION=78582]TwoNiner[/MENTION] as far as brass goes I'm using 7rsaum brass necked down to 6.5 you can use 300rsaum as well. I know you can get it already neck turned and sized to 6.5 from copper creek if you want. As far as barrel life I have no idea but I have heard others talk anywhere from 2400-4000. It should be between 3050-3150 with the 24in tube

[MENTION=78582]TwoNiner[/MENTION] as far as brass goes I'm using 7rsaum brass necked down to 6.5 you can use 300rsaum as well. I know you can get it already neck turned and sized to 6.5 from copper creek if you want. As far as barrel life I have no idea but I have heard others talk anywhere from 2400-4000. It should be between 3050-3150 with the 24in tube

What mags are you running and how does it feed?

I'm running seekins bottom metal with accurate 300wm mags. So far it is feeding fine while at the range I never did load full mag and cycle through the rounds but I did load up two at a time an it fed just fine.