• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meateater has gone full Commie (maybe)

verdugo60

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    This may come as no surpise to some of the more cynical among you but I was shocked to hear Steve Rinella openly discussing nullifying the entire Constitution and our system of government because "Some of the Founders owned slaves." It's on episode #455 of the Meateater Podcast (about 13 minutes in) if anyone is interested to hear the original content. I listened three times to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding. They were discussing the Audubon Society's supposed conversation around renaming themselves due to Audubon having owned slaves. Whatever, who cares about the stupid bird-watchers, it's a symptom of the bigger problem we have (Marxist invasion of EVERY SINGLE INSTITUTION) but kind of par for the course these days, as sad as that is.

I knew they had some leftist idiots on board with the company but what shocked me was that Rinella casually said "The end of this conversation will someday land on...do we throw away the Constitution because of what the people who wrote that (document) were up to." He goes on to state something to the effect of; "It's an interesting intellectual conversation because if we get rid of the Constitution, since the writers were slave owners, what would we use to interpret the law?"

He does not say how ridiculous an idea that is or defend the Constitution in any way, shape or form.

I will be cutting off all support for them and have written them, but just me doing that won't matter much. I don't think we change his opinion but I know a lot of patriotic American's that wear First Lite, use Phelp's game calls and watch his show. We need to stop, time to stop supporting these wolves in sheep's clothing.

I'm hopeful that companies like Thunderbeast (@Zak Smith) and Mile High Shooting will be publicly cutting ties with these anti-American Bozeman commies as well. Let's Jim Zumbo their traitorous asses.

Last edited:
    That spineless pussy has been an open commie for years.

While he may enjoy hunting, he saw a niche market to make $$$ and jumped in it.
    A self-aggrandizing jackass if I ever saw one.
    And a piss poor rifle shot.
    Saw an episode years back where he missed a critter at under 400 yds from the prone.
    My 11 yr old daughter can make that shot off a tripod, cold bore, every day.

Questioning the need for ARs and standard capacity mags years back.

I do snag recipes for free from his website on occasion though.
    Some are tasty.

I have had issues with his political stances for a while. That and he is a complete sell out and to an anti-gun investment company to boot, the Chernin Group.
    There is a outdoor based company called Seek Outside based in Colorado. The owner had that anti gun fuck ex Kimber exec, Ryan Busse on their company podcast to promote his anti-gun book. Ballsy from someone who makes a huge part of their income from hunters.

Woke-ism is all around us.

Our kids overlap for ice time during hockey practice. His interactions with the peasants in the rink certainly command celebrity status. It doesn't help that all of the hockey moms encourage their kids to worship him. I've never seen someone so scrawny puff up their chest to his degree. The guy is and always has been a tool.

.....but marketing....

They rent a private local range occasionally. I've heard some great stories of their marksmenship.

“Muh 300 win mag drops em good…..”

Like the guys who spend 10k plus on a gunwerks set up, plus their custom ammo, and still cant hit 4 MOA steel at 600 yds on a calm wind day from the prone.

But plan to drop an elk at ELR ranges…..

I have had issues with his political stances for a while. That and he is a complete sell out and to an anti-gun investment company to boot, the Chernin Group.
    There is a outdoor based company called Seek Outside based in Colorado. The owner had that anti gun fuck ex Kimber exec, Ryan Busse on their company podcast to promote his anti-gun book. Ballsy from someone who makes a huge part of their income from hunters.

Woke-ism is all around us.
    Good to know about Seek Outside. Unfortunate too. Like you said, all around us. To me we have to educate and advocate against it and "vote" with our wallets. Apathy and ignorance is what got us in this mess collectivley in the first place.

Wait 'til you find out about Karl Kasarda of InRange TV, Russell Phagan (SinistralRifleman) of KE Arms, and One Shepherd.

I had a feeling there was something that made Ian distance himself from Karl. I never liked Karl anyways, as he comes off as a complete dumbass.

Yep. He's been getting worse and worse for a long time now. Stopped listening to the podcast ages ago because he is a total Fudd and he says "like" 14 times per sentence which drives me nuts. Guy is pushed as being so fucking articulate but he cant say a fucking sentence without at least 2 likes in it. Sounds like a fucking valley girl.

• Haha
    Reactions: 101st
    That’s a shame……there are some pretty good articles and recipes on his website. He has a few good t-shirt designs too.

Roosevelt (democrat) put Japanese Americans in interim camps rite here in America in 1942. Therefore they should dissolve that entire party.
    51414627-976B-4309-BF30-D96F1DD69FB8.jpeg

my favorite is when they claim so much responsibility for all the money pittman-robertson generates
    Yes and no. Some of us shooters are hunters, so we do buy a ton of ammo and other shit that contributes. Some of us actually shoot hundreds of rounds a year with out hunting guns. Then there are the own one rifle and buy one box every three years guys can who suck it on their claims.

They rent a private local range occasionally. I've heard some great stories of their marksmenship.
    I have shot a match with them before. Pretty sure they were dead last. Rinella doesn't shoot them, but a few of his offshoot sidekicks do.

Rinella got in with Rogan and a few other celebs and has indeed found a niche market. I get a kick out of his quasi-intellectual approach to nearly everything he does, he is constantly trying to justify and explain his actions. His claim to fame was at first he "only hunted for meat". Then like most hunters, he tried to explain why now he wants to shoot trophy shit. I have watched a few of his episodes where he wounds shit and can't find it. The verbal jiu jitsu is painful to hear.

He was a 100% public land guy. Now I see he hunts private land if it is conducive to his show. To me, he is just another TV hunting personality who makes a living off of people who enjoy his content. There is another one who lives in this region I am not the biggest fan of either.

Reactions: TACC
    The OP, @verdugo60, missed the point entirely. Steve Rinella was describing the absurdity of re-naming every institution in our society due to past ties with slavery. He quite clearly walked the listener down the path from the Audubon Society, to Washington DC, to the Constitution. His point was simply where does it all end? Not tearing up the Constitution. Rather amazing what one person will hear versus another. But then again, that's why the 2A/hunting/conservative crowd is losing ground everyday. Divided we fall . . .

The OP, @verdugo60, missed the point entirely. Steve Rinella was describing the absurdity of re-naming every institution in our society due to past ties with slavery. He quite clearly walked the listener down the path from the Audubon Society, to Washington DC, to the Constitution. His point was simply where does it all end? Not tearing up the Constitution. Rather amazing what one person will hear versus another. But then again, that's why the 2A/hunting/conservative crowd is losing ground everyday. Divided we fall . . .
    That's the way I read it too, that he was just asking the question "where does it end?"

@wyliectote
    I sincerely hope you’re right and that I did misunderstand. If I’m wrong about this I will GLADLY eat my words, as I said, I’ve enjoyed the Show and Steve’s books and podcast for years.

The problem is Steve did NOT make a clear point at all that the conversation is absurd, if that was his intent he truly did a piss poor job of explaining it.

I thought he would clarify when he came to the concept of changing Washington DC, and ultimately the Constitution but rather he said “it’s a tremendous intellectual exercise, I don’t really know.” Steve is not cautious normally about his opinions. If he thought it was ridiculous he likely would have said exactly that but he didn’t at all. Instead he failed to condemn either the woke name changing trend OR its ultimate conclusion, which he correctly surmised would end with the demise of our Constitution.

If that WAS the point he was trying to make then I will be happy to hear it, I have written to Meateater about the issue and perhaps it will be addressed on the next podcast.

For everyone else, here’sa link to the podcast, start at minute 10 for the relevant discussion, only goes a few minutes.

@wyliectote

I sincerely hope you’re right and that I did misunderstand. If I’m wrong about this I will GLADLY eat my words, as I said, I’ve enjoyed the Show and Steve’s books and podcast for years.

The problem is Steve did NOT make a clear point at all that the conversation is absurd, if that was his intent he truly did a piss poor job of explaining it.

I thought he would clarify when he came to the concept of changing Washington DC, and ultimately the Constitution but rather he said “it’s a tremendous intellectual exercise, I don’t really know.” Steve is not cautious normally about his opinions. If he thought it was ridiculous he likely would have said exactly that but he didn’t at all. Instead he failed to condemn either the woke name changing trend OR its ultimate conclusion, which he correctly surmised would end with the demise of our Constitution.

If that WAS the point he was trying to make then I will be happy to hear it, I have written to Meateater about the issue and perhaps it will be addressed on the next podcast.

For everyone else, here’sa link to the podcast, start at minute 10 for the relevant discussion, only goes a few minutes.
    I did a double take when heard that part of the podcast too. I certainly don't think he was advocating one way or the other, just being cautiously neutral on the whole thing as he often does when it comes to anything political. A person really does have to undertake a "tremendous intellectual exercise" to go from things that happened 150 years ago to tearing apart all of the great institutions that make our country what it is today. In my book, Steve Rinella and his MeatEater outfit are some of the best folks out there doing great work for conservation and the American outdoors tradition. Their podcast is always enlightening and entertaining.

I did a double take when heard that part of the podcast too. I certainly don't think he was advocating one way or the other, just being cautiously neutral on the whole thing as he often does when it comes to anything political. A person really does have to undertake a "tremendous intellectual exercise" to go from things that happened 150 years ago to tearing apart all of the great institutions that make our country what it is today. In my book, Steve Rinella and his MeatEater outfit are some of the best folks out there doing great work for conservation and the American outdoors tradition. Their podcast is always enlightening and entertaining.
    Yeah, the point was not clearly made if your conclusion was correct. I agree somewhat with your assessment of the outdoor's work he's doing, but there have been questionable guests, ownership changes, etc.

Even if he was just being "cautiously neutral" about it, he obviously understands what the score is with this line of thinking from the woke mob. Which means he should have outright condemned it, because the Constitution and the rights outlined in it are not negotiable. So I do hope he was not actually advocating that but I still kind of feel like "screw you dude if you're luke-warm about gun rights or the Constitution for the sake of profit." Especially with the amount of other questionable things around the ownership of the company now, guests he has had on and some of his left-leaning staff.

Didn't Janis Putelis, one of his right-hand guys, openly say people should vote for Biden before the 2020 election? I don't mind people NOT getting involved in politics that run a business but if you do bring stuff up then stand up for important principles, like, you know, THE CONSTITUTION!!

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Crickets are meat, aren't they?

He'es probably pushing Crickets.

"Your great great great great Grandfather worked willingly for a man who owned slaves. We are removing three crickets a day from your food ration. Have a nice day, prole."

Fuck this commie. Lenin owned slaves. They were called the Kulaks. Look it up. Commies Love slaves. Democrats love slaves. Ergo Commies are the same as democrats.

FJB.

Sirhr

I'll respond because I was tagged in the first post. I don't normally listen to that podcast. I did load up ep 455 and listen to minute about 9 to about 16. I agree more with how wyliecoyote interpreted it. The end of his statement was somewhat questioning and didn't conclude with a strong point (ie how you or I might conclude a rhetorical point made via an "ad absurdum" argument). I think that's why the other people on the podcast laughed when he stopped talking.

The statement that "The end of this conversation will someday land on...do we throw away the Constitution because of what the people who wrote that (document) were up to." is already true. It's already landed there. By that I mean the left has already tried to make that exact claim because of those exact reasons (1619 Project). The speaker could have made it more clear if (or that) he strongly disagreed with it.

Reactions: verdugo60
    Regardless of this particular conversation he's not pushing the 2A rabidly, which he should be as a gun hunter. He has a big enough impact on people that he could be a real champion for us and he's not. He partners with several left leaning groups like Backcountry Hunters and Anglers who are right now pushing for the BLM deal that can shut off some public lands to shooting. That org and Land Tawney are very left leaning with their money. I wanted to like them and donate until I got more than skin deep on where they put "their" money. I used to like rinella and his attitude about hunting but I got a bad taste the more I listened to him.

Last edited:
    Bottom line is most hunters, yes most , are not "gun people". They look at it the same way as a lawn mower. Looks like the lawn needs to be mowed get the lawn tractor. here comes hunting season... get the rifle.

Reactions: mosin46
    Bottom line is most hunters, yes most , are not "gun people". They look at it the same way as a lawn mower. Looks like the lawn needs to be mowed get the lawn tractor. here comes hunting season... get the rifle.
    Unfortunately true.

So Rinella did NOT say he wanted to get rid of the constitution, but you are going to pretend he did? I swear we are our own worst enemy.

So Rinella did NOT say he wanted to get rid of the constitution, but you are going to pretend he did? I swear we are our own worst enemy.
    Read the whole thread, it’s kind of up for debate/interpretation at this point. No one’s pretending anything. I’m not doing clickbait or trying to stir up controversy. I will revise once there’s official clarification (if any).

Read the whole thread, it’s kind of up for debate/interpretation at this point. No one’s pretending anything. I’m not doing clickbait or trying to stir up controversy. I will revise once there’s official clarification (if any).

I read the thread. But my comment is based on what you said he said vs. the title you used for the thread. The maybe helps a little but your quote doesn't correspond with the title.

Wait 'til you find out about Karl Kasarda of InRange TV, Russell Phagan (SinistralRifleman) of KE Arms, and One Shepherd.
    Whats the scoop on one shephard? Probubly the only real infantry skills training outfit ive heard of in the states.

1) I love people who hate our government.
    2) Then you realize the Constitution is what formed our government.
    3) THEN you realize the true patriots were the one's that coordinated the Bill of Rights making "amendments".
    4) And ever since then guess who (the GOV) has been wrecking those amendments/rights.
    5) See #1 above, repeat until it sinks in.

Reactions: TACC
    I haven’t watched any of his stuff in several years, then he sold out to the anti-gun guy and is doing private land hunts now. You won’t ever see Steve take a hard stance on much in fear of upsetting the libs who have latched on to the lifestyle he has created. I’m a public land owner! See you at BHA Pint Night!

Having listened I agree with Zak and Wylie's take.
    He's still hard liberal and spoken multiple times anti-2a, just bolt guns are fine.
    I used to enjoy his show and tried to divorce politics from it but when he f'd everyone who had a ticket to his in person shows when covid hit, no refunds, no f'ks given by them, I wrote them off. I get the situation on refunds for things during that time was a mess but the lack of giving any shits at all, you can't treat people like that and expect them to patron you. F'm and the horses all of them rode in on.

Only conservatives and conservative-libertarians a.k.a. "conserva-tarians" are Americans- everyone else is a visitor.

I haven’t watched any of his stuff in several years, then he sold out to the anti-gun guy and is doing private land hunts now. You won’t ever see Steve take a hard stance on much in fear of upsetting the libs who have latched on to the lifestyle he has created. I’m a public land owner! See you at BHA Pint Night!
    Talk about selling out to libs, you might look into where BHA is spending your money.

he gotta be a true idiot if he said it - his whole base thinks the opposite - when Bud Weiser fucked up their business so why not Steve.

Silence is condoning.......

Doc

- his whole base thinks the opposite - when Bud Weiser fucked up their business so why not Steve.
    I think most people who leisurely drink know what Bud did, and made a point to let them know. I think most of ME listeners, think they're actually a vegan organic hybrid by only eating what they hunt.
    He's created a solid platform, the guy's intelligent, and well spoken, puts together a narrative based show that is very well interpreted.
    Like stated above, I think that a lot of hunters are not gun guys. I've known plenty of hunters, who are borderline, "why do you need that kind of gun" which IMHO would be his audience.