• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors mechtec conversion

Re: mechtec conversion

havent heard of them so take this for what its worth. If the barrel isnt 16 plus inches and you throw a stock or fore grip on there, you are running into a whole slew of legal problems. So i looked at their site and couldnt find a barrel length on there, so that alone would steer me away from them. I think the concept of a pdw using a 1911 frame is kinda ridiculous. I would rather have a dedicated PDW. Just my .02

Dillon Precision sold and had an article on them when they first came out several years ago,but I have no personal experience with them.

Website lists barrel length @ 16.25", so buttstock is OK per that (arbitrary) Fed law.

Let us know how it works, if you get one.

Cheers,

Bill

I had one durring the AW ban on a high cap Para Ordnance frame, function is 100%. No last round hold open, when a silencer is attatched there is quite a bit of spring noise in the action as it uses a spring similar to an aluminum screen door.

I have shot one quite a bit a good friend of mine has one on a 1911 frame I got about a 2 1/2 inch group at 100 yards I thought the accuracy was good for what it is no malfuntions. I used it on a jack rabbit hunt and was pleased with it.

A buddy of mine has 2 one in .45 (1911) and one in 9mm (Glock). Both are a ton of fun to shoot and work very well. They are easy to change over. The 9mm with 33rnd mags is a serious ammo burner.

Have one in .45. Fun, reliable and I recommend them.

since you are basically adding a long barrel to a pistol whose serial number is registered as a pistol, is the unit now a rifle or a handgun? is there an ATF implication in doing so?

You can switch a pistol to a rifle and back as long as it was originally registered as a pistol(just make sure you have 16+" of barrel with the stock on it). Can't go from a rifle to a pistol if it was originally registered as a rifle unless you pay the tax.