• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Medium" length B5 CPS stock with LAW folder on AR-10?

AwkwardlySocial

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2020
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out if this will work before I go out and buy the parts. I want to put a B5 CPS stock and a LAW folding stock adapter on my Aero M5 (AR-10 DPMS High standard, but I don't think that really matters here). I want the cheek riser as far forward as I can get it without interfering with the charging handle. Do I want the dedicated AR-10 "Short" version of the CPS stock, or the standard AR-15 "Mid" length version?

I ask because I think that the only difference among the three models of the CPS stock is how far forward the cheek riser sits. The AR-15 "Long" version was specifically made to move the cheek riser further forward (as compared to the standard AR-15 "Mid" length stock) for users who have LAW folder adapters. By this reasoning, the "Mid" length CPS stock should fit a LAW-equipped AR-10 without interfering with the charging handle, right?

Has anyone actually built a LAW-equipped AR-10 and mounted a Mid/AR-15 standard (i.e. not long) B5 CPS stock on it?

Below is a link to a video description of the cheek riser/charging handle clearances, in case my ramblings above aren't clear.

Last edited:
I would not be so sure about it. We had a thread on this if you can find it but I recommend getting the short with the cheek riser/extender. Not sure if there are any numbers out there but I could measure few dimensions to support decision making.

If possible, get both medium and short and then add the extender on the one that fits better. The riser/extender/whatever has a nice, durable rubber coating and lets you adjust the cheek support right to the place you want it.

Reactions: AwkwardlySocial
This is a "long" on an AR15 with a law folder. With the stock locked into the first position there is .5" of buffer tube showing. The measurement from the rear of the receiver to the front of the cheek rest is 4.25". On my Maten large frame the charging handle extends 4" past the rear of the receiver. I think you can do a "long".
IMG_1035.jpeg