• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meesha has left the building

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Well maybe not just yet . I put down her brother 3 years ago on pretty much the same day . Her hips have gotten to the point that she can't get up on her own . She has accidents in the house pretty regularly and occasionally they happen while she lays there in them . She is close to completely deaf and her eyesight is going . heck if she were younger I would have to name her "Lucky" .

We got her just before my oldest was born and she has been there for both my girls for their entire lives . My youngest always wished that she was "Just hers"
wink.gif
While she was technically a mutt I don't believe many dogs could have out hunted her when it came to Quail and Chukar and during Ground Squirrel season she was a constant companion in the truck .

She will be missed but I simply can't keep her around any longer in order to not feel bad about putting her down . I am sure her brother Cisco will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge looking forward to tearing up some Upland Game Birds with her . Sleep soundly my baby Girl .

1121.JPG

Re: Meesha has left the building

Sorry to hear about your buddy and what you and your family are going through.

Micheal,

Be thankful for Meesha's presence in your lives, and 'power to ya' for doing what you have to do. She's done so much for you, to make things better. Now the ball's in your court, for her.

Good on ya'....

Always tough. Even more so when the kids have grown up with them.

We have a mobile Vet we occasionally call for the convenience of taking care of multiple vaccinations for our cats and dogs, at our home.

It was she who came out and eased our 8 year old Shepherd, Dax, out of her suffering. Our girls were there to comfort her on her way out. It wasn't an easy decision as most young kids, living in cities, rarely see the end of life. And we were a plenty blue crew for a few days to be sure.

Nevertheless, after talking about it with them, we agreed it was better to do this at home rather than taking her to the Vet's office with the attendant stress and fear that would have caused our beloved, loyal, family member. She wasn't afraid when the time came and that made it a little easier for us.

She was a remarkably smart dog, a huge part of our daughter's lives and three years later, we still miss her.

I wish you well.

Sorry Michael. That is never an easy thing to do, but it is the last great gift you can give Meesha, her dignity.

I feel for you and I still tear up when I think about the ones I have had to put down.

Michael, my heart goes out for you and family, The saddest times ever I've had is putting our loyal friends down.

Well the Deed is done . We spoiled her this morning and then took her for one last truck ride with a stop at the park . She wobbled around the park for a bit sniffing everything before her hips gave out and she found a sunny spot to lay in . We reloaded her and gave her Love and a bag of Jerky on the ride to the vets . My wife stayed with her until the bitter end while I comforted the Girls . My guess is that she is now hunting quail with her brother and showing God where all the holes in the fences are
wink.gif

I'm sorry for your loss, and feel your pain. It's really tough to lose a dog, they are special.

I am so sorry Michael. No matter how old they are it is so very hard to put them down. It has been a few years since we put Ruger down and it is still tough. Dogs seem to live just long enough for us to love them like a family member but to short for them to outlive us.

Michael,

My sincere condolences to you and family. It is hard enough to except the passing of a family companion and even harder to see the loved ones around you also suffer in the passing. There is no another animal on the planet that loves and understands us humans better. In return, she left at her time with love, compassion, and respect. I think you are a person of great quality. As my condolences mean little, I have no doubt you will help your family through this.

Best wishes and a prayer,
-Jason