• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mega AR15 MKM

B.A.C.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2011
IC
Is there anyone here who has one. Rainier and a few other places have them for sale, but Mega has yet to list it on their website. I want to know the inner diameter (to fit a suppressor) of the handguard and if the factory ejection port cover can be replaced. Eventually, I will turn it into a suppressed SBR similar to the Seekins SPX rifle.

I just measured the ID of one in stock and it's approximately 39.3mm. I got an M4-2K to fit in there but there's no way to engage the latch.

It would would be a REALLY tight fit, let me put up a picture of mine and I will show you where the issues would arise.

Within the rail are a series of ridges which on my rail measure 1.544 inches.If really wanted to make it work you could try and have someone remove the ridges and you would get an actual opening of approximately 1.65.

20131106_135834.jpg

From Jason Curns, "It will accommodate any suppressor that is 1.50” in OD. If you are using a mount, it may be tricky."
image_zps0cd2ac1d.jpg

It looks like somebody was able to pull it off. The only other concern I have for this build is about the handguard heating up. I don't do mag dumps, but how many shots can I waste before my hand becomes uncomfortable?

Yeah, it will fit, but what they don't mention is that it will not fit with any key mod accessories in place. I took mine off and tried to shove a 1.5" can in there with a rail panel I have currently installed for my bipod, it is a no go. It is too tight. It really is too tight for a 1.5" can despite what others might tell you. For tucking a suppressor an internal rail diameter of 1.6 or larger is much better for a completely free floated system. Much like some of the poorly designed flash hiders and the annoying ring they can make, you can get the same thing from the harmonics of a can stuffed in too tight of a hole.

You can do it, just don't expect to mount anything on it though and I hope you are not planning on doing any long strings of fire.

Maybe I should just scrap the integral suppressor idea. It looks really cool, but there seems to be a high price to be paid when it comes to functionality. A 16" barrel will save me a tax stamp so I can't be too disappointed. I'm still going to buy one of these uppers and then I'll figure out what I want it to be. 300 Blackout sounds good.

A fellow HIde member was kind enough to email this to me.
page1image128_zpseaf9b416.png

Last edited:
Found this thread in my searching, any thoughts on a Liberty Mystic inside the Mega MKM? Specs say it's 1.375", and "THE MAX OD FOR LOCK RING ON MYSTIC IS 1.462". It's not like a QD ring that would need to be turned/activated while inside the rail. I'm sure it'll 'fit' but more concerned about tight clearance affecting accuracy if it touched during recoil.

Also, would typical keymod nuts on the inside of the rail sit down flush inside the grooves or stick up too high to pass the ring of the silencer through?

Thanks.

Found this thread in my searching, any thoughts on a Liberty Mystic inside the Mega MKM? Specs say it's 1.375", and "THE MAX OD FOR LOCK RING ON MYSTIC IS 1.462". It's not like a QD ring that would need to be turned/activated while inside the rail. I'm sure it'll 'fit' but more concerned about tight clearance affecting accuracy if it touched during recoil.

Also, would typical keymod nuts on the inside of the rail sit down flush inside the grooves or stick up too high to pass the ring of the silencer through?

Thanks.

You will not get a 223 sized can in the MKM, hell, you won't even get most 9mm cans inside of one. I tried getting a 9mm Octane HD in and it would not work, also took measurements and it's not going to cut it even with some modifications.