• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mega Improvement to AICS 2.0

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
What would you think about:

Carbon fiber skins to replace the existing AICS skins, and, either a drilled out internal frame chassis or better yet, titanium frame chassis. 5 position

I would buy one. Completely eliminate the issue with weight. Then again, the Ashbury Chassis is pretty much the same concept in a slightly better shape.

Hmmm. Comments?

Re: Mega Improvement to AICS 2.0

Carbon Fiber would drive the cost up with little weight savings over the current skin. At some point someone did some weight reduction milling on a chassis, but the whole point is ruggedness. The AIs and their chassis systems are built that tough for a reason. They are not designed to be a lightweight hunting rifle. The better option is for one to hit the gym.

Josh

edit to stay on topic-

As far as the weight goes, i'm ok with it cause all I shoot is prone at steel where the weight comes in handy. Ain't no way my lazy butt is humping that thing around any long distances. And while I like the idea of CF parts etc. I don't know if my wallet would.

if you have the means to do milling of the chassis, making cf skins, and doing titanium machining....why not just make your own chassis system and fit it to exactly what your needs are? if i had the means/knowledge/equipment...you dang right that's what i'd do

Oh my, that's a great system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clarence Carter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">edit to stay on topic-

As far as the weight goes, i'm ok with it cause all I shoot is prone at steel where the weight comes in handy. Ain't no way my <span style="color: #FF0000">lazy butt </span>is humping that thing around any long distances. And while I like the idea of CF parts etc. I don't know if my wallet would.

</div></div>

There is the problem, those who need to hump it around, need the ruggedness, and don't fit into the lazy butt category
laugh.gif

edited cause I can't spell