• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mega Maten issue

spurrnch

Cowboy
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2012
Wyoming
Broke the bolt catch on my mega lower. Can't get the allen screw backed out. Get it part way and it binds. Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue or might have some thoughts on it.

Unfortunately Mega is no more, bough out by Zev. I have not been able to get any service out of Zev for my Mega.

I would try some penetrating oil and work it back and fourth. If there is a ton of carbon or something in the threads, some cleaning might help.

If that is unsuccessful, there are a couple other tricks and eventually you get to acids or dipper EDM to remove the screw.

Tried penetrating oil and working it back and forth and think i only succeeded in stripping it. What is dipper EDM? Thought about trying a left hand drill bit but not sure i can get at it without causing additional problems.

A dipper EDM uses electrical current to erode the metal you're trying to remove.