• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mega Receivers now available

$357 for a stripped lower?

I could do a 80% and have it typed IIIed for that, and end up with a better lower.

Do you not agree costs increase over a 7 year period?
Even if their prices only kept up w/ inflation, they would still be $452.70 today (and thats comparing price paid in 2014 vs MSRP today). Factor in artificial raw material price increases and im surprised they dont charge at least as much as Seekins ($508)
Justifying my position of why I do or don't purchase an item is a choice I make with my money. It's just that simple. Now my reasoning is I don't believe, in my opinion, their product is worth their asking price. You can disagree and that is fine, I'm not going to tell you how to spend your hard earned cash.

Fyi 6061 hasn't gone up 20% in the last 7 years and neither has 7075 that I can tell. I buy 6061 and various other materials often enough to have a somewhat decent gauge on raw costs.

Seekins is not 508, street price for a matched set is 460-480, for me and my money, I would buy the Seekins 10 fold as I like their finished product better.

This is all simply a matter of opinion and for anyone (not saying you are) to get upset about what one person values and believes to be better, is really a large part of what is wrong in society today.

Last edited:
I doubt they will miss your business. There are plenty who will.
Yes, you are 100% right. They could give 2 shits about me, and I know this. I'm not boycotting them. I just choose to spend my money elsewhere. People act like this a something new. We all have been doing this since to dawn of time. Just not all of us can handle the fact that we all don't think the same.

Lol! I just stated a fact and could care less either way. You are the one who seems to feel it’s necessary to explain yourself.

Reactions: Sprayed99
Justifying my position of why I do or don't purchase an item is a choice I make with my money. It's just that simple. Now my reasoning is I don't believe, in my opinion, their product is worth their asking price. You can disagree and that is fine, I'm not going to tell you how to spend your hard earned cash.

Fyi 6061 hasn't gone up 20% in the last 7 years and neither has 7075 that I can tell. I buy 6061 and various other materials often enough to have a somewhat decent gauge on raw costs.

Seekins is not 508, street price for a matched set is 460-480, for me and my money, I would buy the Seekins 10 fold as I like their finished product better.

This is all simply a matter of opinion and for anyone (not saying you are) to get upset about what one person values and believes to be better, is really a large part of what is wrong in society today.
Not sure anyone said costs have gone up 20% nor asked you for any justification. I said w/ inflation the price, without any other influences, would be $452.70, so $478 is not absurd. And again, we're comparing MSRP, not actual street price, and MSRP to MSRP the Mega is $478, seekins is $508.
No one is telling how to spend your money, just questioning the logic when the price is more than fair based on comparisons of similar products as well historical prices.

Reactions: Sprayed99 and lash
Not sure anyone said costs have gone up 20% nor asked you for any justification. I said w/ inflation the price, without any other influences, would be $452.70, so $478 is not absurd. And again, we're comparing MSRP, not actual street price, and MSRP to MSRP the Mega is $478, seekins is $508.
No one is telling how to spend your money, just questioning the logic when the price is more than fair based on comparisons of similar products as well historical prices.
Questioning logic is asking for a justification, it is, in your context, one and the same.

We're? No you. How do you compare MSRP? Who else sells the new MEGA parts other than ZEV? Currently no one from what I can find. So I'm comparing the lowest possible price for each of your examples. You stated the price is fair, which is your opinion on the value you place on the product. I choose to value the product at a lesser value from those I can buy at the same or lower prices.

That's like comparing Vortex to Tract. Each has a msrp, but one is direct consumer with fixed prices as no else offers it and the other can be found as low as 45% off from the mother ships website MSRP.

Last edited:
Questioning logic is asking for a justification, it is, in your context, one and the same.

We're? No you. How do you compare MSRP? Who else sells the new MEGA parts other than ZEV? Currently no one from what I can find. So I'm comparing the lowest possible price for each of your examples. You stated the price is fair, which is your opinion on the value you place on the product. I choose to value the product at a lesser value from those I can buy at the same or lower prices.

That's like comparing Vortex to Tract. Each has a msrp, but one is direct consumer with fixed prices as no else offers it and the other can be found as low as 45% off from the mother ships website MSRP.
You're not biden discussing infastructure so you don't get to change definitions to suit your position. Exploiting your (lack of) logic is not asking for justification regardless of your thoughts on it.
I could not care less how you spend your money, but if you're going to dig in your heels over, at best, a 5.7% post inflation adjusted price increase, in the 2nd most supply constrained period this industry has ever seen, I will lay that out if for nothing else, forum entertainment.

Last edited:
You're not biden discussing infastructure so you don't get to change definitions to suit your position. Exploiting your (lack of) logic is not asking for justification regardless of your thoughts on it.
I could not care less how you spend your money, but if you're going to dig in your heels over, at best, a 5.7% post inflation adjusted price increase, in the 2nd most supply constrained period this industry has ever seen, I will lay that out if for nothing else, forum entertainment.
So let me get this straight, you resort to insults and childish behavior because you have a different view than I do? I guess even some here can't handle a difference in opinion. I'm sorry I don't think with your brain and follow in your foot steps all mighty one.

So let me get this straight, you resort to insults and childish behavior because you have a different view than I do? I guess even some here can't handle a difference in opinion. I'm sorry I don't think with your brain and follow in your foot steps all mighty one.
Cant find a single insult or anything that would qualify as "childish".

Reactions: lash
Nice to see the Mega stuff back, but either my memory is terrible, or they have gone "full retard" on pricing compared to what they used to go for . . .

Same exact part numbers as prior, so I would expect them to be identical to the old ones.
they've always been full retard pricing. hard pass

Reactions: plong
Meh, the one I have I don't recall being too bad (billet upper and ambi lower, and the really long keymod handguard over a superlative arms piston kit, and 22 or 24" rifle length 6.8SPC barrel, and a Geiselle Hi-Speed DMR trigger . . . a really sweet shooter), and the build was fantastic. Everything just fit and worked - no need to rework anything like on the el-cheapo junk. Sometimes maybe you *do* get what you pay for . . . (and this definitely wasn't a build "on the cheap", that was for certain!)

Last edited:
Walked into a local shop and the had a few MML sets including this 14in small frame that came home with me.
This is going to pair up nicely with my Bartlien CLE barrel when it arrives. The color match seems off in my photo, but not in person. I do like the old finish. I will say the machine work is being held to the original company’s standard in my example. Very excited
3D390629-8438-416B-8D71-0CEA08CFDED7.jpeg
595ED2DC-0310-48B7-A1C0-7343B22A1F2E.jpeg

*IF* they consider making the monolithic style upper/handguard system again I will consider them.
I love the way my old one is solid and there is ZERO chance of the handguard getting loose.
It makes it kind of a pain to install the barrel, but I still have the (I dunno exactly) 17" long socket tool for the barrel nut.
I also loved the level that pops out right in front of the scope mount (yea that scope mount is long since changed out so don't be too harsh on me).
Machined in sling mounts ? please and thank you.
mega.jpg

Reactions: atomic41
I believe they had to stop making them due to LMT patient. Hopefully someone more in the know than me can confirm or clarify that.
Those mono’s were bad ass though.

I believe they had to stop making them due to LMT patient. Hopefully someone more in the know than me can confirm or clarify that.
Those mono’s were bad ass though.
correct

The MML upper does have a forward assist.

Mine is a small frame AR and has the assist.

*IF* they consider making the monolithic style upper/handguard system again I will consider them.
I love the way my old one is solid and there is ZERO chance of the handguard getting loose.
It makes it kind of a pain to install the barrel, but I still have the (I dunno exactly) 17" long socket tool for the barrel nut.
I also loved the level that pops out right in front of the scope mount (yea that scope mount is long since changed out so don't be too harsh on me).
Machined in sling mounts ? please and thank you.
View attachment 7779648

I have an old Mega Monolithic, but lost the socket wrench. Need to find one one of these so I can replace the barrel one day...

What do these receivers do that any other receiver does not? They appear to have the standard “barrel nut screws onto receiver, and handguard attaches to barrel nut” assembly.

What do these receivers do that any other receiver does not? They appear to have the standard “barrel nut screws onto receiver, and handguard attaches to barrel nut” assembly.
the only thing they do differently is cost more. They are heavy, ugly, new finish looks like a drunken disco queen 'modding' the receiver. ha

Never understood the appeal of these but if it costs more, must be better right? To each their own, lower look cool

• Haha

Negative they don't use a standard barrel nut.
They are machined with the rail attachment integrated to the upper and a barrel nut that slides inside . The rail slides over and it creates a very stiff "monocoque like" upper with a rail that cannot spin and doesn't need shims, set screws etc.

As far as cost and function are concerned. The MML setup actually weighs about the same as a stripped upper with a MK16 rail and the cost was $499. That includes the upper, rail, forward assist and barrel nut for $499. Thats isn't much more if any that a quality traditional setup. Also if you haven't ever handled a MEGA product ( new or old) the tolerances are very tight and machine work is perfect.
Now I don't see much added value for a basic carbine but that isn't what i'm using this set for. I am using this for a CLE Bartlien setup in a DMR/Precision type rifle. I think the added stiffness and quality of machine work make spending all of a extra $50 bucks more that worth it.
Opinions vary I guess
Here is a couple pics of a large frame version I plucked online
2F20EA8F-B453-4EF4-9F9C-576E7BEEB630_4_5005_c.jpeg
646296A8-182C-4A1D-B787-AA86A7C6BB06_1_201_a.jpeg
646296A8-182C-4A1D-B787-AA86A7C6BB06_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: 346ci and atomic41
Negative they don't use a standard barrel nut.
They are machined with the rail attachment integrated to the upper and a barrel nut that slides inside . The rail slides over and it creates a very stiff "monocoque like" upper with a rail that cannot spin and doesn't need shims, set screws etc.

As far as cost and function are concerned. The MML setup actually weighs about the same as a stripped upper with a MK16 rail and the cost was $499. That includes the upper, rail, forward assist and barrel nut for $499. Thats isn't much more if any that a quality traditional setup. Also if you haven't ever handled a MEGA product ( new or old) the tolerances are very tight and machine work is perfect.
Now I don't see much added value for a basic carbine but that isn't what i'm using this set for. I am using this for a CLE Bartlien setup in a DMR/Precision type rifle. I think the added stiffness and quality of machine work make spending all of a extra $50 bucks more that worth it.
Opinions vary I guess
Here is a couple pics of a large frame version I plucked online
View attachment 7782356View attachment 7782358View attachment 7782358
Thanks for this. I looked on Zev’s site, but did not notice the difference in nomenclature between the Maten and the MML Maten. They do not show the handguard interface on the MML, and the nonMML Maten is a standard interface.

I have an old Mega Monolithic, but lost the socket wrench. Need to find one one of these so I can replace the barrel one day...

If anyone is looking to match the finish of their Tumwater AR15 Mega receivers, PA sells a brand called Expo Arms(made by Zev I believe), has that nice finish the old Mega's were known for. No billet offerings and different roll marks but finish matches pretty good.

Thanks for this. I looked on Zev’s site, but did not notice the difference in nomenclature between the Maten and the MML Maten. They do not show the handguard interface on the MML, and the nonMML Maten is a standard interface.

No problem at all.
I think they put out a great product that has some functional benefits vs just bling. I’m not sure what effect if any it will have, but I think with a bipod out front the difference will be realized. Any flex at the front of the rail will be spread over the larger machines area vs directly on the barrel nut. It’s going to be a few months before my barrel arrives so I really will not know till then.

For what it’s worth I did start to assemble with a Ranier select barrel that fits really well with two sample stripped uppers. It was too tight to slide into the Mega. Its something that could be fit with just freezing the lower or a bit of 1500g paper. I’m actually happy it’s a bit tight so I can fit it with the CLE barrel. I’m not sure if that’s by design or not. I figured it was worth noting for anyone uncomfortable with some hand fitting.

No problem at all.
I think they put out a great product that has some functional benefits vs just bling. I’m not sure what effect if any it will have, but I think with a bipod out front the difference will be realized. Any flex at the front of the rail will be spread over the larger machines area vs directly on the barrel nut. It’s going to be a few months before my barrel arrives so I really will not know till then.

For what it’s worth I did start to assemble with a Ranier select barrel that fits really well with two sample stripped uppers. It was too tight to slide into the Mega. Its something that could be fit with just freezing the lower or a bit of 1500g paper. I’m actually happy it’s a bit tight so I can fit it with the CLE barrel. I’m not sure if that’s by design or not. I figured it was worth noting for anyone uncomfortable with some hand fitting.

I have a Maten that is an amazing shooter. I give at least some of the credit to that stiff upper design.

I have a Maten that is an amazing shooter. I give at least some of the credit to that stiff upper design.

It certainly unlikely to hurt.
At $499 it really is a very minimal price increase over any other quality gear.

It certainly unlikely to hurt.
At $499 it really is a very minimal price increase over any other quality gear.

For sure. I would like to build another Maten sometime, mine is .308. I would like something different but this one is such a great shooter I don't want to change a thing on it.

If anyone is looking to match the finish of their Tumwater AR15 Mega receivers, PA sells a brand called Expo Arms(made by Zev I believe), has that nice finish the old Mega's were known for. No billet offerings and different roll marks but finish matches pretty good.
I’ve used a couple of the Expo Arms hand guards and am very pleased with them. Of course it’s only fair for me to mention that I am far from being a source of AR information. This is just my opinion, based upon limited experience.

Reactions: 346ci
Walked into a local shop and the had a few MML sets including this 14in small frame that came home with me.
This is going to pair up nicely with my Bartlien CLE barrel when it arrives. The color match seems off in my photo, but not in person. I do like the old finish. I will say the machine work is being held to the original company’s standard in my example. Very excitedView attachment 7779592View attachment 7779593
Hey did you ever end up building this? I am thinking about an identical rig, Bartlein CLE with mega upper set. How does it shoot? Any regrets on going with Mega over something else?

Hey did you ever end up building this? I am thinking about an identical rig, Bartlein CLE with mega upper set. How does it shoot? Any regrets on going with Mega over something else?

Attachments

• IMG_6296.jpeg
    IMG_6296.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 32
I did and I have no regret’s at all. Honestly it shoots like a laser and I haven’t bothered with my bolt rifles. This one is fun.

It really likes the 77 SMKs with N135 and isn’t really picky on seating depth. It also shoots great with 77 TMKs but is a bit picky on seating depth. Don’t get me wrong. I’m talking about keeping things consistent 1/2 moa. Everything I threw at it shot really good.
CFE 223, Tac and Varget
I’ve only messed around with the 69 grain stuff a little but they seemed to do well with the little I’ve shoot.
Combo is
TT diamond tigger
CLE Bartlien with CLE chamber 1-7.7 twist. 18in SPR profile
CLE supplied the bolt and I used a toolcraft carrier
Mega upper and lower
SA gas block in the bleed off setting
Rugged Radiant suppressor
XLR stock

I don’t have my load data with me but if you want any of it let me know. I’ve been using the Lancer 20rd mags since they allow a little longer seating depth.

Last edited:
I’ve got a mega set with a bartlein, just in wylde not cle chamber. Shoots very well, has been to 600 quite a bit with 77g razorcore

Reactions: renegadeGDI
I did and I have no regret’s at all. Honestly it shoots like a laser and I haven’t bothered with my bolt rifles. This one is fun.

It really likes the 77 SMKs with N135 and isn’t really picky on seating depth. It also shoots great with 77 TMKs but is a bit picky on seating depth. Don’t get me wrong. I’m talking about keeping things consistent 1/2 moa. Everything I threw at it shot really good.
CFE 223, Tac and Varget
I’ve only messed around with the 69 grain stuff a little but they seemed to do well with the little I’ve shoot.
Combo is
TT diamond tigger
CLE Bartlien with CLE chamber 1-7.7 twist. 18in SPR profile
CLE supplied the bolt and I used a toolcraft carrier
Mega upper and lower
SLR gas block in the bleed off setting
Rugged Radiant suppressor
XLR stock

I don’t have my load data with me but if you want any of it let me know. I’ve been using the Lancer 20rd mags since they allow a little longer seating depth.
Awesome man thanks. Were you actually having malfunctions with that CLE chamber?

Awesome, what kind of groups are you getting at 100?
I’m consistently getting at least 1 moa, I’d be willing to say the rifle is capable of better, I don’t spent a lot of time on groups though. I zeroed it, and took it to play. Shoots well enough for me to play with out to 600 which is all I ever planned to do with it.

I have played with reloads just a tiny bit. Currently set on 1X fired LC brass, 24 grains of RamShot TAC and Winchester #41 primers. Maybe later on, I’ll see if it or I can do better

Reactions: renegadeGDI
Awesome man thanks. Were you actually having malfunctions with that CLE chamber?
No malfunction issues.

I did have to back down on some of my powder charges. At first I thought it might have been better to go with the Wylde chamber. I’m happy I stuck with the CLE and did load work up.