• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

member ranks

kingsnake987

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2010
ILLINOIS
I have never been in the service and i have the utmost respect for our military my dad was in the navy and my brother was a navy corpman stationed with marine recon camp penelton and i believe I dont deserve any kind of a military rank its something i believe its not rightfully earned godbless our servicemen and women

Re: member ranks

I think you're reading more into it. Really don't think someone here that hasn't served would think they are really "ranked" because of an internet forum.

Yeah bro, don't worry about it. Enemies of the United States also wear rank. It's just a means of identification.

Go into your profile and change it. Put what ever floats your boat.

hangunnr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adluginb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Really don't think someone here would think they are really "ranked" because of an internet forum. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 20pt"> WHAT! </span>

You mean I'm not a veteran! and all this time .. . . . . . .
cry.gif

Talk to "The Fuhrer" about that.

HA, HA!! Now this is a classic thread!

I think you are reading too much into this whole thing as well as worrying about absolutely nothing. If it personally bothers you that much or otherwise offends your delicate sensibilities, why don't you just go into the tab that says "My Stuff"...then "Edit Profile"...then enter whatever "title" better suits you in the "Custom Title (20 characters max)" box.

I'm thinking you should try:

"Worries Too Much"

or

"I Sweat Small Stuff"

or

"Reverent Worrier" (Make sure you don't misspell it and use "warrior" since you haven't earned the right to that title).
wink.gif

Hang in there, my friend.

Yea, don't worry about internet forums... now if you are going to gun shows with a medal of honor and random stories about being green beret-ranger-cia-assassin-ninja.... Then you might get your ass kicked...

I for one like it, I finally made Sergeant 26
years after I enlisted!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, don't worry about internet forums... now if you are going to gun shows with a medal of honor and random stories about being green beret-ranger-cia-assassin-ninja.... Then you might get your ass kicked... </div></div>

Funny you mention that. At a gun show today I spotted a trident on somebody's head that looked way the f*ck out of place.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ETA:</span>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFjcNxIELjQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFjcNxIELjQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Make mine Shabba, mon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never been in the service and i have the utmost respect for our military my dad was in the navy and my brother was a navy corpman stationed with marine recon camp penelton and i believe I dont deserve any kind of a military rank its something i believe its not rightfully earned godbless our servicemen and women</div></div>

SERIOUSLY????

this is your major problem of the day...

then maybe you need to nut up and go to the recruiting station, sign the fucking contract, earn a combat patch... ribbon... medal... badge... wtf ever, depending on branch of service, MOS, etc.

until then STFU and enjoy the info on here, let the guys that wear the rank worry about being offended by people's "snipers hide rank".

P.S. we'll also worry about how hot your mom, sister, GF, or wife looks in our uniforms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never been in the service and i have the utmost respect for our military my dad was in the navy and my brother was a navy corpman stationed with marine recon camp penelton and i believe I dont deserve any kind of a military rank its something i believe its not rightfully earned godbless our servicemen and women</div></div>

SERIOUSLY????

then maybe you need to nut up and go to the recruiting station, sign the fucking contract, earn a combat patch... ribbon... medal... badge... wtf ever, depending on branch of service, MOS, etc.

until then STFU and enjoy the info on here, let the guys that wear the rank worry about being offended by people's "snipers hide rank".

P.S. we'll also worry about how hot your mom, sister, GF, or wife looks in our uniforms. </div></div>

Hey, be nice, you're gonna upset him and he's gonna piss patchouli up the walls ...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkZC7sqImaM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkZC7sqImaM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, don't worry about internet forums... now if you are going to gun shows with a medal of honor and random stories about being green beret-ranger-cia-assassin-ninja.... Then you might get your ass kicked... </div></div>

LMAO

Well, Jim, when you have a high enough post count; you can change your own display title to something you believe is more appropriate. I did.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never been in the service and i have the utmost respect for our military my dad was in the navy and my brother was a navy corpman stationed with marine recon camp penelton and i believe I dont deserve any kind of a military rank its something i believe its not rightfully earned godbless our servicemen and women</div></div>

SERIOUSLY????

P.S. we'll also worry about how hot your mom, sister, GF, or wife looks in our uniforms. </div></div>

Hey, be nice, you're gonna upset him and he's gonna piss patchouli up the walls ...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkZC7sqImaM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkZC7sqImaM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
</div></div>

Thats so Sweeet!!!!!!

lol i was just making conversation as for proper grammer who cares it seems i stirred up a few emotions with other people

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...who cares...</div></div>

People who evaluate potential employees do - and I wouldn't let an ignoramus date my daughters.

And you misspelled grammar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol i was just making conversation as for proper gramm<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">a</span></span>r who cares it seems i stirred up a few emotions with other people </div></div>

I don't know if LL has any openings right now.
shit20burning.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...as for proper grammer who cares... </div></div>

If you are too ignorant to see the value of proper written communication maybe you are too ignorant to do other important things, like handle firearms, work a meaningful job, date my daughter, or vote.

Since I have been fucked into be an Army recruiter for 3 years, I get to see jokers like you come into my office all day long. It sucks for them when they realize that there is a test to get in. It's not hard at all, but still there's a lot of people that don't pass. All the better says I; I don't care to have people in the ranks beside me who are not interested in bettering themselves. If you can't be bothered to remember a period or comma, you probably won't remember to change the batteries on your NVG's before you go outside the wire either.

If you ever want to be taken seriously or get ahead in life, I would advise you to at least ATTEMPT to learn basic adult skills. Otherwise, go back to your bong, your bag of Doritos, and your mom's basement, and stop being a douche on a public forum...

wow, all the animosity toward these poor civilian types. Oh yeah, I AM one now! Woo Haa! I'll stick with mufkin poser, works for me because I never went nowhere, never did nothin, just kinda went with the flow and woke up finding myself in some really fucked armpit places sometimes. Shoot, even found some bloody people to help on occasion in messed up places but that was just a dream so long ago. Yup, jus a mufkin poser here, no rank needed, pure riff raff

actually I like posting once in a while just to shake the bushes and see what kind of assholes fall out . Ive never had a problem holding a job, only changed for more money never been fired. Also I was fire cheif of my towns fire department and during that time my dept. never lost a house or a life. So just because I dont want to waste my time making sure every little thing is perfect doesnt make me ignorant so to all those negetive posters they can piss off. No hard feelings from me I just think its sad that your biggest issue of the day is my spelling and punctuation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol i was just making conversation as for proper gramm<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">a</span></span>r who cares it seems i stirred up a few emotions with other people </div></div>

I don't know if LL has any openings right now.
shit20burning.jpg

</div></div>

done that in real life except it was in DCU's...... ugh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually I like posting once in a while just to shake the bushes and see what kind of assholes fall out . Ive never had a problem holding a job, only changed for more money never been fired. Also I was fire cheif of my towns fire department and during that time my dept. never lost a house or a life. So just because I dont want to waste my time making sure every little thing is perfect doesnt make me ignorant so to all those negetive posters they can piss off. No hard feelings from me I just think its sad that your biggest issue of the day is my spelling and punctuation</div></div> I try to not be the grammar cop, but quite frankly it's hard to read and understand what you're saying when written in the manner you're using. It's not about having perfect spelling and punctuation, it's about getting a point across in an efficient manner. I and many others here reply to members that make significant errors in their writings and never once mention it, but when we can't even understand what they're saying they just get ignored and pissed off that nobody wants to help them.

I was always taught that anything in life worth doing is worth doing well. Why take a shot that isn't going to be an accurate/effective one? Why communicate a thought that isn't capable of being comprehended by others? Just my own philosophy.

As for this: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like posting once in a while just to shake the bushes and see what kind of assholes fall out </div></div>I like it when assholes like you post crap for the sole reason of stirring the pot so I know when to apply the "ignore user" function. I'm glad your town was fortunate during your tenure as the Fire Chief because I doubt the ability of anyone that doesn't even know how to properly spell their own job title.

Asshole out... asshole back...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad your town was fortunate during your tenure as the Fire Chief because I doubt the ability of anyone that doesn't even know how to properly spell their own job title. </div></div>

Fuck yea...

Im sorry that my attempt to show respect for the military was so ill received. I certainly didnt excpect to have it thrown back in my face. I will try to make my posts, if ever there are any easier to understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im sorry that my attempt to show respect for the military was so ill received. I certainly didnt excpect to have it thrown back in my face. I will try to make my posts, if ever there are any easier to understand.</div></div>

You're posts will be easier to understand when you learn to write the english language worth a fuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim gray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im sorry that my attempt to show respect for the military was so ill received. I certainly didnt excpect to have it thrown back in my face. I will try to make my posts, if ever there are any easier to understand. </div></div>

Gotta have a thick skin on here, Jim. The boys play rough at times....but its all in good fun. Relax and enjoy.

Improve your grammer and Syntax
sleep.gif

PFC to the "Gray Ghost"...interesting change of your "rank," Private.

Stick around and learn if you desire. If you do, don't take the comments about your spelling/grammar/etc. so personally, but instead listen to what you are being told as it is a valuable life lesson and one that will ultimately benefit you well beyond the boundaires of this forum. As for the purposes of decent use of the English language here...it is difficult enough to read some of the mindless drivel that appears from time to time on this site, but having to read posts without basic capitalization, puntuation, spelling/grammar, etc. is a real PITA. If you want to be taken seriously or have any questions/comments you make taken as such, then take the advice you've been given. You aren't the only one, you aren't the first, and you certainly won't be the last person on this forum to receive the same advice.

"it is difficult enough to read some of the mindless drivel that appears from time to time on this site,"

I was just saying the same thing to another member.......Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks fellas I do understand what you are saying.Yes it stung a little but now Im ok with it. ORD thanx.

so where did mine come from? though I'm hung like a 3 day gerbil, and the stamina of a 16 year old virgin someone deemed necessary to rank me in the age old art of knockin the bottom out of a vagina

oh wait, we are talkin ranks not screen names, who here doesnt know Leroy Jenkins?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever had a post make me laugh so much!! I woke my wife up laughing to this!!

Thanks for the much needed laugh after a long day on the job!!

smile.gif
laugh.gif

free bump

-G45

You want to know something really funny ?

Grey Ghost's is a name given to some of our S.A.S boy's back in Nam

I just thought it was pretty funny , any way Jim I can see where you got it from

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adluginb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you're reading more into it. Really don't think someone here that hasn't served would think they are really "ranked" because of an internet forum. </div></div>I also think so.