• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Memorial Day 2020

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
THANK YOU!.jpg

Well, I have zero love for government or the idea of a national army, hence my tag line. But to all the vets still here; I’m glad you got home, hopefully in one piece or are at least getting the treatment you deserve. It would be nice if d.c. would stop lying about the need for illegal wars and leave everyone the fuck alone. It’s also sad that your friends were lied to also and died for nothing but an impossible power grab

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
A. Lincoln.

Well, I have zero love for government or the idea of a national army, hence my tag line. But to all the vets still here; I’m glad you got home, hopefully in one piece or are at least getting the treatment you deserve. It would be nice if d.c. would stop lying about the need for illegal wars and leave everyone the fuck alone. It’s also sad that your friends were lied to also and died for nothing but an impossible power grab
You might want to re-think what you just said on here/that garbage you are spewing. I’m sure someone else won’t be as eloquent or tactful in response to those comments, especially on a day where we honor those who gave all...

Reactions: The D
You might want to re-think what you just said on here/that garbage you are spewing. I’m sure someone else won’t be as eloquent or tactful in response to those comments, especially on a day where we honor those who gave all...
I will not be re-thinking what I said, I mean what I said with all sincerity. Especially the part about d.c. leaving everyone, rest of the world included, the fuck alone

I will not be re-thinking what I said, I mean what I said with all sincerity. Especially the part about d.c. leaving everyone, rest of the world included, the fuck alone
Then you should fuck off. This is not the forum for you

Having been born in the mid-50's and growing up in one of the many suburban post WWII housing developments funded by the GI Bill nearly every man in our community was a veteran with many being combat vets , my father included. They served and returned to normal life as best they could with many hiding both the physical and emotional scars from their time in combat. It wasn't obvious to me at that age but as I have gotten older I realize some of their behavior I didn't understand was related to PTSD with my father being no exception.

I have always been a reader of military and never cease to be amazed of what my father's generation sacrificed and accomplished during WWII. I will pick a book off the shelf that I may have read years ago and reread it with a keener appreciation of what they sacrificed. I must have read the books on Tarawa a dozen times and with every reading I am further awed. God bless them and rest their souls.