• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Memorial Day comes--

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
To many it is the first day of Summer and a day off from work. No idea as to why it is a Holiday.

To others it is a sad day where you remember your friends or family members that didn't make it, that you dragged out to Medevac and sent them home before their DEROS.

My flag is out, just as any other day. There is only one other flag on my block and they lost someone in a war and are remembering him.

So, put your flag out to honor someone, anyone, that gave their all. FM

It is a sad day for me and I put my Poppy on in remembering those fallen and I PAY for that Poppy.

I personally don't know anyone who gave the ultimate sacrifice. And I have also wondered why it's considered holiday. I do try to be aware of others who have lost loved ones and why this day can be tough for them.

To many it is the first day of Summer and a day off from work. No idea as to why it is a Holiday.

To others it is a sad day where you remember your friends or family members that didn't make it, that you dragged out to Medevac and sent them home before their DEROS.

My flag is out, just as any other day. There is only one other flag on my block and they lost someone in a war and are remembering him.

It is a sad day for me and I put my Poppy on in remembering those fallen and I PAY for that Poppy.
Mine flies everyday in remembrance !

I personally don't know anyone who gave the ultimate sacrifice. And I have also wondered why it's considered holiday. I do try to be aware of others who have lost loved ones and why this day can be tough for them.

You don't need to know them to honor them. Here's one of about 1.2 million. Ralph Johnson - Awarded the Medal of Honor.
RalphHJohnson.jpg

Google Ralph Johnson and you will find only celebrity types (i.e., musicians, authors and academics) in the search results.

Medal of Honor recipients should be listed first - IMHO.

Thanks to POF for sending us a Memorial Day email that doesn't start with "20% OFF!!!!"

IN MEMORY

Memorial Day is about remembering, honoring and being thankful for the men and women who have paid the ultimate price for our Freedom. This day is not about the Veterans who still walk among us...those to whom we should be thankful and gracious every day. And it sure ISN'T about BBQ’s or a 3 day weekend. Reach out -- say a prayer -- or do whatever it is you do to show support for the families of our fallen. Today, we celebrate the lives of those who gave all for our country, for our way of life and for us. We celebrate these warriors because that is what they would want us to do, and today is their day. Life is precious, and someone gave up theirs for you to live yours.
Never forget that....

To all family members that have lost a warrior, consider this an expression of our appreciation at POF-USA for the honorable and faithful service rendered by your loved one...and accept our sincere condolences and gratitude. Their ultimate sacrifice in preserving the liberty for all Americans will never be forgotten.

Well said FM

Although I personally don't know anyone that gave his life protecting my freedoms...I can understand it every time I look at this photo as it signifies what some will risk getting it and those that help them achieve it.

East Berlin...

I hate communists....more than anything I know of

Reactions: Foul Mike
Used to hang out at the local Eagles Club which was populated with WWII vets and every Memorial Day I'd go over and sit at the bar and buy them drinks and just listen to the stories. One old guy worked at the local Funeral Home...long ago retired he was a very hard worker and a hell of a nice guy. After one too many drinks (my fault) we were watching a Memorial Day Special on the TV and there was a segment on George H.W. Bush and his ditching in the sea to be picked up by a submarine. Being an aircraft aficionado, I muttered under my breath "TBM Avenger" and the old guy snapped a look at me..."what does a guy yer age know about an Avenger?"

So we talked a bit about it...just basic stuff and then he started with a story about how he was a gunner in WWII aboard an Avenger. Flew a shit load of missions (combat) and dropped a bunch of bombs and torpedos with the same crew of guys. They were assigned and trained as a 3 man crew and spent the last part of the War in the same aircraft. Took some hits but no one was ever hurt...they always got back in one piece, all 3 of them.

Apparently when the War ended the aircraft carrier went to New York where all the crews flew off the Carrier one more time to land and be discharged after giving up the aircraft. They crashed on landing, the aircraft flipped onto it's back and killed the other 2 crew members but this guy walked away without a scratch. And he carried this guilt the rest of his Life.

I got to hear a lot of stories on Memorial Day from these guys...I used to go there every year for many years and heard from guys who were on Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, and other horrific places. Lots of tears. Lots of alcohol. Lots of stuff that was terrifying and it was just a story to me.

All there guys are gone now and the Eagles club has been sold and has a grocery store in the street level floor. I miss buying these guys beer and good whiskey and thanking them for sharing and their service. I miss these old guys. Happy Memorial Day and thanks to everyone who ever served.

VooDoo

To me I ask myself all weekend, was it worth the sacrifice? Then I get pissed just thinking about the enslavement we are in.

We are covertly enslaved because we don’t listen and stay disciplined over the long haul. That said, Evil will be defeated soundly and all memories of it expunged.

Reality of this world is things would have been much worse without thier sacrafice. Regardless of what the turd burgler commie politicians in NY say we are and always will be the greatest and most fierce nation this world of men has ever known.

The men and women lost paid for our freedoms in blood doing what they knew as right and are why we can not be overtly overcome to this very day.

IMO and without detracting one iota from their memory, the day could better be called something else to fully express our gratitude for thier legacy and the inheritance their sacrifices blessed us with.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Google Ralph Johnson and you will find only celebrity types (i.e., musicians, authors and academics) in the search results.

Medal of Honor recipients should be listed first - IMHO.

First result from a search one minute ago: Ralph Johnson

I think he's retired now, but if you haven't read Clebe McClary's book Living Proof, I highly recommend it. I had the privilege of hearing him speak at the USAF SNCO Academy and again at our church. He will make you simultaneously proud and humble while you weep.

Well said FM

Although I personally don't know anyone that gave his life protecting my freedoms...I can understand it every time I look at this photo as it signifies what some will risk getting it and those that help them achieve it.

East Berlin...

I hate communists....more than anything I know of

View attachment 7084758

Commies are P'sOS but Ill crawl over them to fuck up a child molester.

Men and Women on this site, I Salute you that you know this day is not for us to Party, but to remember those KIA.

For me, it is a VERY Sad Day where I remember carrying and dragging loaded ponchos to the LZ for evac. 1969-70

Say a prayer for those who thought they were protecting our Freedoms. Those who stood tall and raised their Right hand and made an Oath to Protect the Constitution of the United States of America, Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC and took it to Heart.

I am off to attend the Memorial Service for all those KIA at my local park, Memorial Ground, and I will not be alone.

When I get back after the service and Salute, I will pop a top or two for ALL of them in remembrance of what they did, All wars included.

FM

Wanted to kick back and watch a movie.

The Messenger.

Why the fuck did I pick this one today? :(

RIP brothers.

Commies are P'sOS but Ill crawl over them to fuck up a child molester.
There is no need to be selective, there are far too many of both.

Keep you powder dry, your aim true, and your head on a swivel.