• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

men's health "way of the sniper"

Re: men's health "way of the sniper"

If there is one thing I hate, it's when some spec ops guy does an article, tv interview, etc. and gets all melodramatic and uber-cool.

The legitimate braggers and illegitimate posers give have ruined things to the point for me that when asked about my prior service by most people I'll just tell them I was in communications in the army, which as an 18E is true, instead of taking the chance of sounding like a poser myself and saying I was SF.

Most of the SF, and other Tier 1 guys that I met were down to earth and humble, but there is always the 5% that make everyone else look bad. In my experience it was always the younger guys and mostly the Ranger Batt kids who liked to puff their chest out the most. This is one of the big reasons why I think the 18 X-ray program is such a bad idea. Used to be you had to have minimum time in service and rank. Now you can just sign up and do like a two year pipeline. Losing a lot of knowledge base by doing this.

bitch is over.....

"To shoot a man from a distance is a fascinating, awe-inspiring thing. It is nearly mythic in its godlike bequeathal of power"

I think some one has been reading a few to many stories of war and felt an urge to be there.

Shit, I really cant belive that articles like that can be allowed even in the US, pure thrash.

ohh well perhaps one should look at it as some sort of add for security contractors.

/best regards Chris

Damn. I'm a writer and that was too damn wordy for me. It like he wrote it, and then went back with a thesaurus and swapped regular words for "big" words.

It's like, his main purpose in writing that wasn't to inform, persuade, or entertain; but rather to make people realize that he's got a better vocabulary then them. You can see at one point where the writer reverts to his natural tone, (or possibly he's subtly mocking his readers) when he says, "...Tyler sure as hell couldn’t go to, for instance, Norway, where the first episode occurred, and blast a dude from half a mile away."

I couldn't even finish the article.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there is one thing I hate, it's when some spec ops guy does an article, tv interview, etc. and gets all melodramatic and uber-cool.

The legitimate braggers and illegitimate posers give have ruined things to the point for me that when asked about my prior service by most people I'll just tell them I was in communications in the army, which as an 18E is true, instead of taking the chance of sounding like a poser myself and saying I was SF.

Most of the SF, and other Tier 1 guys that I met were down to earth and humble, but there is always the 5% that make everyone else look bad. In my experience it was always the younger guys and mostly the Ranger Batt kids who liked to puff their chest out the most. This is one of the big reasons why I think the 18 X-ray program is such a bad idea. Used to be you had to have minimum time in service and rank. Now you can just sign up and do like a two year pipeline. Losing a lot of knowledge base by doing this.

bitch is over..... </div></div>

they did the same thing for seals, with having a pipeline that doesn't even send kids to a secondary training school before BUD/s its straight to a BUD/s prep school and then to bud/s. and they are force feeding the school with 300 kid classes, seeing a lot of kids who don't deserve to be anywhere near SOF just endure to get their 40k dollar bonus and say they are a team guy, makes me sick.