• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mental Heath, get your head right.

camocorvette

Send it
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2010
    Minnesota
    I've read through the majority of the fitness page and this is one thing I didn't see. Maybe a sticky perhaps, of things we have to go through, and how we've dealt with them.

I'm a firm believer that an important part about physical fitness is mental fitness. I know we all go through tough times. Combat loss of a brother or sister, or the loss of any loved one. Breakups, divorces, cheating spouses. Any thing that can really mind fuck you.

We all deal with this differently, some of us better than others. I just feel this would be a good place to start a sticky.

Some where we as brothers/sisters can come to talk about what really bothers us or gets us down. If we can share things that help us.

I'll start first, relationships man... Going through my second divorce. The holidays suck, you know your not alone; but you still feel alone. It's tough. For me a big help is getting up and going to the gym every day. Kinda pissed their closed on Christmas.. Tomorrow is another day I look forward to. The gym is open.

So I guess for me the gym can be a savior. I go, jam out to FFDP, sweat my ass off, get pumped, swim, bike, whatever. It helps take my mind off things; and gets me to the next day.

I hope we can get some people to contribute to this. I think it would be a good thing. Merry Christmas all.

I agree totally with getting your head right, no matter what the situation. I have been in some rough spots before (I am sure not as bad as many, but were trying for me) & I was lucky enough to figure out early on beating a situation no matter what it is starts with mentally beating it. It cant be done the other way around. You have to get your mind set and the rest will come. Read my signature line, I came up with that during 2008 when I was being tested to the max...

The Bible is the basis for my mental strength and highly recommend it. I know not everyone buys into it so another suggestion/recommendation is the TED conference talks. Some are on their website and Netflix has a buch, really good stuff